g4200 h run away after injection pump rebuild

hanket2113

Equipment
kubota g4200h
Dec 12, 2017
ravenna ohio united states
hey guys
I removed the injector pump due to a leak, which it was running fine at the time. put all new factory orings in the pump, fully disassembled it.reinstalled it and mounted it back on machine. bled system ,was getting a spirt of fuel with the lines off. mounted lines and started up, engine now is running away. it looks like it is getting extra fuel due to the amount of smoke being produced. I did also install a new intake gasket which has to be removed to remove the pump. I'm wondering if I could of installed the pump element that runs up and don in the housing backwards. does anybody have a assembly guid for this? thanks in advance

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
On the top of your injection pump, where the fuel lines come up to the injectors...did you take the delivery valves apart when installing the o-ring on the delivery valve holder? There is a little check valve (called a delivery valve in the parts manuals) and I think if you get that up side down you have a problem like you describe.

I'd suggest to go to your local dealer and ask if they run of a copy on the injection pump (component parts). It shows the pump in details.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Other options:
If you pulled the pumps did you realign them?
Do you get the rack back in the proper place to engage the governor assembly?

hanket2113

Equipment
kubota g4200h
Dec 12, 2017
ravenna ohio united states
I check the delivery valves, they look correct, how does the throttle work in relationship to the governor. With the pump out and moving the throttle it does nothing, does anyone have a picture of the way it works?. I dropped the pump part into the little holding pin that has the groove for it. The only thing I am unsure of is which way the pump piston goes in. If the piston is in backwards would it get any flow, with the lines off I get little squirts of fuel out but do not see how the throttle lever controls the fuel regulator pin. Thanks for the help