Bring it on...winter, that is

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
We've been spared the horrific lake effect snows so far, but everyone here in the snowbelt of NW Pa know it's just a matter of time. Areas further north of us, closer to Lake Erie (between Erie and Buffalo) got hit last night but we received just a dusting. Last night I installed the Edge Tamers on the FEL, as this is going to be my primary means of snow removal this year after having traded in my JD 455 w/ blower, on my BX1870. I know this is not the most ideal way to clear snow but a blower wasn't in the budget and I may have to wait a while on that. :(

On a whim, I took the chains from my 455 and tried to see if they would fit the 1870. Low and behold they do! Pretty relieved about it, as I run turfs and wasn't sure they would handle the snow, even in 4WD.

So, looking forward to what Mother Nature has in store now. Bring it on Honey, bring it on.

gfgardner

Feb 22, 2016
Berlin PA. USA
We've been spared the horrific lake effect snows so far, but everyone here in the snowbelt of NW Pa know it's just a matter of time. Areas further north of us, closer to Lake Erie (between Erie and Buffalo) got hit last night but we received just a dusting. Last night I installed the Edge Tamers on the FEL, as this is going to be my primary means of snow removal this year after having traded in my JD 455 w/ blower, on my BX1870. I know this is not the most ideal way to clear snow but a blower wasn't in the budget and I may have to wait a while on that. :(

On a whim, I took the chains from my 455 and tried to see if they would fit the 1870. Low and behold they do! Pretty relieved about it, as I run turfs and wasn't sure they would handle the snow, even in 4WD.

So, looking forward to what Mother Nature has in store now. Bring it on Honey, bring it on.
I'm in Somerset County. We get the lake effect here also. I got a 54" rear blower last winter and haven't used it yet but I'm ready.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Nothing yet up here just north of the St Lawrence,but flurries in the forecast every day next week. I will be using the same 48" blower I've had on the b6100 the last few years,but with the added benefits of more weight,horsepower,4x4 power steering and loader on the b1750.
Daughter is four hours further north in North Bay Ontario,they have had snow for about a month

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
Daughter is four hours further north in North Bay Ontario,they have had snow for about a month
Ugh. Sadly though, we've been in her shoes before.

In all reality, snow in Dec-Jan-Feb is a necessary evil here...it's the March-April-May snow that drive me to drink.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
We are south of the lakes by a quite a bit in Columbus. We do get some lake effect off Lake Michigan, but none of Erie. I miss it having grown up east of Cleveland in the snow belt.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Yes, it's that time of the year again. So far we have only had enough to cover the grassy areas, but we are already about a foot below the normal snowfall at this point so it will come eventually.
I always make it a point to mount the blower and get everything ready for snow on Halloween. That seems to act as a snowfall deterrent.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I remember the days when we use to get snow down here in the coal country,,,, wait,,,, I cant say that any more,,, now its gas well country

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
We are south of the lakes by a quite a bit in Columbus. We do get some lake effect off Lake Michigan, but none of Erie. I miss it having grown up east of Cleveland in the snow belt.
Good Lord, east of Cleveland? I swear there are July snows in Geneva-Ashtabula-Mentor, OH.

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Nothing yet up here just north of the St Lawrence,but flurries in the forecast every day next week. I will be using the same 48" blower I've had on the b6100 the last few years,but with the added benefits of more weight,horsepower,4x4 power steering and loader on the b1750.
We moved this summer from central Ontario (extreme lake effect snowfalls) to south east New Brunswick. Haven't had any snow here yet to speak of, calling for a bit this weekend.

People here say the winters are horrible, but I have my doubts it can be any worse than where we were to the lee of Georgian Bay! LOL

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Yeah I remember the days when we use to get snow down here in the coal country,,,, wait,,,, I cant say that any more,,, now its gas well country
exactly my friend!!

all that snow we used to get... my kids didnt believe me & i had to show them the pictures...

but we did get a good snow yesterday for about 30 mins.. total white out...

ZERO stuck. :(

18* this morning.. so its plenty cold enough

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK so you walked to school and home through 2 foot of snow carrying your sister, too,, It up hill both ways :D

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
We have only had a few light snows but I did get to use my snow blade. Have rubber chains and remote recepticle on the way in preparation for the inevitable cold and snow thanks to the suggestions of forum members that shared their experience and knowledge.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
OK so you walked to school and home through 2 foot of snow carrying your sister, too,, It up hill both ways :D
NO. both my sisters are FAT. .. & lazy... couldnt carry either of them.

YES. you remember winter of 76,77 & 80? we had SNOW then!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
NO. both my sisters are FAT. .. & lazy... couldnt carry either of them.

YES. you remember winter of 76,77 & 80? we had SNOW then![/QUOTE]

Now that's not very nice. They probably say. "My skinny brother works too hard! He's always out there doing something. No wonder he can't gain any weight."

To each his own.:D

tlefire

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100, L2350, L2501
May 18, 2017
talladega alabama
Well I need a snow blower way down south in Alabama. I know, I know. We got 8+ inches here and there ain't a loaf of bread or gallon of milk nowhere here.

You guys that live this every year, you would be laughing your butts off!

I did get to scrape my driveway off using the bucket :D

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
We moved this summer from central Ontario (extreme lake effect snowfalls) to south east New Brunswick. Haven't had any snow here yet to speak of, calling for a bit this weekend.

People here say the winters are horrible, but I have my doubts it can be any worse than where we were to the lee of Georgian Bay! LOL

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
The two worst place I have seen for snow,Georgian Bay,and the Martines,and you move from one to anouther!

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Good Lord, east of Cleveland? I swear there are July snows in Geneva-Ashtabula-Mentor, OH.
Oof! Waterford is typically the hardest hit in this area in terms of snowfall. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk