b2910 fuel line, is it important?

mark turik

Equipment
b2920
Jun 26, 2017
bailey nc 27807
b2910 fuel line, is it important? Please Help Me.

Need some help please. I replaced my fuel filter with a Racor. There is a third fuel line from the tank that used to go into the top of the OEM fuel filter. I am not sure if i need it (i think i do however). Is it a vent line, or, should i connect to the an inlet or outlet on the Racor. Or, should i connect it to the VENT port on the Racor? I really appreciate any help greatly. I will try to upload a picture to help clear my ramblings up a bit. Thank everybody on the forum. sincerely, mark turik:):):):):):):):).

Attachments

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Re: b2910 fuel line, is it important? Please Help Me.

What does the spec of your racor require? THe pipe goes to the top of the tank with the other return pipes so can be vented if need be. IIRC the pipe on the kubota filter allows you to prefill the filter and bleed the air out of the filter. Your racor possibly bleeds to atmosphere or to a vent pipe? If it doesn't need a vent the tube can be trimmed/plugged.

mark turik

Equipment
b2920
Jun 26, 2017
bailey nc 27807
thank you journeyman for the help. the racor has two in, two out, and i vent port. tractor runs just fine with the third pipe plugged up. i just would like to do the best thing. i can connect it to any of the three free ports. i am not sure what it did when it was entering the original fuel filter from the top. it make sense that it could be for air escape from the filter. then i would know to run it from the vent. i really appreciate your help. i just need to know about the oem filter. mark

mark turik

Equipment
b2920
Jun 26, 2017
bailey nc 27807
niw, thanks a ton. you have set my mind at ease. now if i can just find the fitting for the 120ap vent port to a 1/8" fuel line i will be in business. i have been to two auto parts stores today, and they cant find the correct thread pattern. but, thank you for your help! mark

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
niw, thanks a ton. you have set my mind at ease. now if i can just find the fitting for the 120ap vent port to a 1/8" fuel line i will be in business. i have been to two auto parts stores today, and they cant find the correct thread pattern. but, thank you for your help! mark
There are two styles of pipe thread. Tapered, which you seal with pipe dope or teflon tape and a straight thread which is sealed with a gasket at the interface between the fitting and the housing.

Both NPT and NPS have the same thread angle, shape, and pitch (threads per inch). However, NPT threads are tapered and NPS threads are straight (parallel). Both threads have a 60° included angle and have flat peaks and valleys. ... While NPT and NPS threads will engage, they do not seal properly with each other.

The NP stands for National Pipe, the T for tapered. The NPS stands for a straight thread.

These fittings are not common to auto repair type places. Hydraulic shops would be a better bet.

As a last resort, drill and tap the existing plug to a tapered thread so your existing plug becomes an adapter to a smaller NPT thread.

Dave