These dang TALL rops!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
holy crap!

man i feel for ya... saw how tall that thing was on mine & that someone had already hit it & broke the mounting plate...

they are tall!!

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
Ouch! Sorry it happened. I'm glad my barn has a 12 foot high door.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I built a whole new shed just BECAUSE of the tall @#$@#$@#$ ROPS!!!!!!!!!!!

JPinCincy

Equipment
BX25D
Nov 5, 2016
Bethel, OH
Can I see a show of hands on all who wish Kubota would have shortened the ROPS bar??? I know that right now I think I could choke an engineer!!
I hesitate to put them back up, especially if I am just mowing. I have forgotten them twice, and did a fair amount of damage the first time. (I have also had my kids come running at me waving their hands and pointing more than once....)

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Well, if it's any comfort, my saying is: If you don't take a Mulligan per year, you're not putting yourself out there enough!

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Yup...I bent the bottom of our garage door too...and that was after opting for the taller garage.

Gonna build a pole barn with 12 or 14' doors.

It's also the reason I installed all my LED lights under the ROP...and not above it.

-Mac

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
I kinda figured there were others that wasnt fond of the over tall ROPS bars:eek::eek:

I too seldom raise mine, but I had a pretty good little job for the back hoe and the bar will interfere badly with its use. My buddy was with me and wanted to try out the hoe and on raising it - unknown to me - he pinned it. I keep it loose enough the if I forget to raise it, it will - usually - fall down. So on finishing the job, I loaded all the tools in the bucket and carried them back to their respective homes, on finishing that I merrily took off to put the little guy in its place.

I think I instinctively knew immediately what happened but it scared the living s&^$ out of me til instead of stopping I pressed harder on the forward pedal!:eek: and quickly hit the far wall putting a healthy dent in it!!

I got the homeowners insurance adjuster out and he was quite liberal in noting damage. Im hoping the damage will go enough over the $1000 deductible to at least cover the door, I can repair the other damage myself.

And yes, I did go in and get a change of underwear!:eek::eek:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I'm in the middle on this. I have a garage door that's 8 feet so my B2320 fits no problem. But when I mow I fold it because I don't want to trim the trees up that high. I leave it up for everything else. I have caught the guy wires on the utility poles a few time so I keep it folded for any work around them. But I'm thinking the height is there to protect you in a tip over so I have no problem with it. Just my opinion.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Shoot; when I lean back my head hits the top of my ROPS so I think it could be taller. Mine doesn't fold down.

L.C. Gray

Equipment
L3400, RTV500
May 14, 2016
Stephenville, Texas
And you want to choke the engineer why???

Was he driving at the time or was he not watching where you were going?

Kinda hard to blame someone else for your goof....

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
Last winter after clearing drive pulled into garage..... forgot about the newly installed suspended heater......

Also clocked the kiddos new swing set while mowing; ripped the LEDs clean off.

Now I keep it down if I am doing most chores and if I am on flat ground; always use with the FEL.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I had a ROPS leaning against my wood pile for a year or so and needed it out of the way. Decided to use it for a bumper on my Polaris.

This was not off of a Kubota, but they have more then one use.

Worked out pretty good. Only had a couple pieces of iron left, and I didn't have to fabricate any bends. Stronger then what I could buy.

Attachments

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Of course some "DO-GOODER" will come along and say that modifying the ROP may get you in trouble later some how, in case of an accident. Well, I had enuff of that talk and decided it is my tractor and made a change on my blue tractor some time ago. I cut off the top at an angle. That was just enuff that when I put the top back on, reversed, it cleared the door. Of course a good job of welding was done to re-attach the top.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I kinda figured there were others that wasnt fond of the over tall ROPS bars:eek::eek:

And yes, I did go in and get a change of underwear!:eek::eek:
Oh man, I feel for you!!...When I bought my little BX, I REALLY wanted the older BX2360 model over the new 2370, due to a short ROPS.

No way I would remember to fold that sucker down everytime...:(:mad::rolleyes:

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Im hoping the damage will go enough over the $1000 deductible to at least cover the door, I can repair the other damage myself.
Unfortunately you still pay "up to" the deductible. So if the total repair comes out to be $1,010. You pay $1,000 and the Insurance company pays $10. Then they raise your rates. :(

Oh, and if you do the work yourself, you can't count your labor towards the total repair bill (your labor is free). These Insurance companies have this all figured out. Their in the business to make money.

Good luck.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
To eliminate this problem on my new BX2370, a condition I made as part of the deal was that they kept the tall ROPS that was on the BX2370, and I kept the one off of my BX2360.