My Loader is not level.......

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We often hear guys saying their loader isn't level - cutting edge is higher on one side than the other. :eek:

Often, those guys are concerned something might be bent.....:eek:

Rear tire pressures can be the culprit.

I put my loader on the other day. One side ~1" higher than the other - WTF?!?!?:confused:

Guess what - even with the little 26x12x12 tires on a BX2360, it makes a difference.

Put the compressor on the opposite side rear tire made that 1" up in less than 10 seconds, and the tire is not over-inflated. In fact, added a little to the other side, too! ;)

With bigger tractor/tires, that effect would be greatly exaggerated.

Lesson....start with the simple stuff!:D

Last edited:

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Oh man, apparently I never checked the front tire pressure in the tractor, and the dealer didn't either.

Mine loader bucket is not level.

So i checked the tires, as it had JUST come back from the dealer for warranty work I would have expected them to be set properly.

FD - 30psi
FP - 40psi

RD - 30psi
RP - 30psi

The front tires list 45psi as max inflation, which with tractor tires ive never not used the maximum (like trailer tires). Rears are listed as 30psi max inflate.

Put both fronts at 45psi. Hey look at that. My loader bucket is level!!! AND the steering wheel turns easier (bonus!)

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Oh man, apparently I never checked the front tire pressure in the tractor, and the dealer didn't either.

Mine loader bucket is not level.

So i checked the tires, as it had JUST come back from the dealer for warranty work I would have expected them to be set properly.

FD - 30psi
FP - 40psi

RD - 30psi
RP - 30psi

The front tires list 45psi as max inflation, which with tractor tires ive never not used the maximum (like trailer tires). Rears are listed as 30psi max inflate.

Put both fronts at 45psi. Hey look at that. My loader bucket is level!!! AND the steering wheel turns easier (bonus!)
the rears usually affect the level more due to being solidly mounted to the frame whereas the front pivots.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Would also like to mention, fill your tires according to manual,not what sidewall of tire says. Buddys green tractor somehow keeps getting inflated to sidewall pressure and the ride is horrible and and feels really unstable. Imflated to proper pressure and tires will run a larger footprint, not just the centre of tread.

The fronts are much easier to steer, considering half the tire width is only touching the ground (wearing off too)

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Ahh. So it is. So it is.

Looks like the fronts should be at 30psi. Ill fix that tomorrow.

Wildeman56

Equipment
BX2670 loader w/qa, 60"mmm, Land Pride grapple and 60" snow pusher
Oct 11, 2016
S.E. South Dakota
Gentlemen, this is my first post but I just had to join and post my experience.

I realize the OP fixed his loader with tire pressure but in my case it wasn't enough. I demo'd a brand new tractor (dealer brought out the one they wanted me to buy) that had the right side of my bucket about 2" higher than the left.

I called the dealer who promptly picked it up to take a look. He played with tire pressure with no luck (because I already tried that!) then had the idea to check the tire diameter. He said he had to go through a few different rear turf tires to get a close match. After installing those, the loader was now only about 1" off.

He then tried multiple loaders, then loader mounts and came to the conclusion that the loader mounting holes in the tractor frame were a little off. So they proceeded to get me a new tractor (warrantied the crooked one had <2 hrs on it) and put the matched rears on it and all is well.