Long running script

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK what the duce is a long running script?? The site sometimes locks up and I get a message saying,,, Orangetractor.com is not responding due to a long running script,, and I have to close everything to get it working again,, Can anybody tell me in very short non computer terms????:confused:

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Could be many things, ranging all the way from the third party google/ebay ads to server load issues and everything in between (including the scripts to run vBulletin). Normally when guest/members on my website mention this issue to me 9 times out of 10 just closing the site and reopening fixes it. I wouldn't even sweat it.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
OK what the duce is a long running script?? The site sometimes locks up and I get a message saying,,, Orangetractor.com is not responding due to a long running script,, and I have to close everything to get it working again,, Can anybody tell me in very short non computer terms????:confused:
It is the John Deere ads :/)

No really, the ads that are running on this site sometimes are malformed (I have notice it as well) in-terms of the scripting, and will take up all of the juice on your computer. If you are running Firefox you can block some of these running, but that can be an issue at times.

HTH

Al

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I get that when making an edit to a post. The edit takes but the site it locked up.

That is the only time I see the problem.

No idea how to fix it other than start the site again.

I use Internet Explorer.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK so JD is screwing things up I get it ,,, as for the other things youz guys said ,,HUH????:confused:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhuummm yeah I guess its what ever came with the machine,, and it was Sam,,,lol

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
This is not a issue with IE per say, it is poorly written software that runs on top of IE. Blaming IE is like blaming a Kubota for having a flat tire from a nail.

That said, I use Chrome for certain web sites that have not updated there code to operate properly with the current version of IE, but my default is the latest version of IE (version 11 for win7) and it gives me the option to stop long running scripts. This is a issue on many web sites, not just this one.

I know people think Windows and IE is the cause for all things wrong, and it is certainly not perfect as is anything built by man, but if you had a good running Kubota, bought a new set of tires and then the tractor got stuck, would you blame the Kubota or the tires? Same with OS, I have had certain windows OS's run as long as almost 2-1/2 years, without one shut down, but as soon as I added a third party software package to it, nothing but trouble, so is it really the OS, or the third party software to blame?

Food for thought

David

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey guys - are you still seeing this issue coming up? If so, can you take a screen capture next time and email it to me along with the browser and browser version you are using? email to mrk@orangetractor...com

Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the issue and then follow it up from there. I'd obviously like the site to... work. :)

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Tried to get the long running script by editing an older post (earlier in this thread).

No problem with that one.

Added this one and will try to edit it to see what happens!

xxxx

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Site locked up after editing new post.

Mr. K - could not e-mail you at the address provided.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
yes tried that too and no dice. I may have typed something in wrong though...