Now here is a bush hog?

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
A lot near me is being cleared for a new building, so I stopped and took a few shots. The operator says it is not big enough, but he has cleared what appears to be an acre or so in one day. Most trees were 2" or less, but some bigger guys fell. Note the one 4 inch tree that he gave up on earlier.

Attachments

Operator...Error

Equipment
Kubota M7060 Ductape, Hammer, and Shovel
Oct 17, 2013
Springfield, Louisiana
I have seen those in action. It works great, as long as you do not go beyond the capabilities of the muncher. I have been looking at some of the PTO powered ones. They seem like they would do the job. Not sure how I would feel sitting sideways creeping backwards. I wish there was a place close to my location so I could see a demo.

-Mike

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Guys, you ought to see a 'big' one of these tree chewers working.

Around here pipeliners will carve a path through a mature densely forested area with one of these things at a fast walking speed and never slow down.

You can hear it from a mile or more away and it slings fist-size chunks a hundred yards. All that's left is a coarse chip bed 12-18-inches thick and sunlight overhead.

Does a better job than most municipal hammer-mill-type composting grinders.

I wish I had a picture of one but they don't park 'em where easily accessible.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I saw a hydo-axe operating in a state park. Front mounted on a John Deere wheel loader. Couldn't get anywhere near it as whole area was restricted while operating but they drove it right into and thru 16" trees like nothing was there. Coffee can size chunks flying everywhere and nothing but mulch behind. I got a good look at it parked. The blades were about 8" thick!