Open house

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well yesterday I stopped at the dealer to look at the new machines, not that I could afford one but you know maybe dream a little bit and found out they were having an open house, way cool sure I can stay and have a bite or 10 to eat. So Im sitting there in the showroom at one of the tables they had set up. And several seats down an older gentleman and his lady were sitting there discussing HER getting a new tractor. Now me not being able to keep my mouth shut, I looked at him and said. Ya know that's true love a man taking his lady out and buying her a new tractor. He looked and said well I guess but I am sick and tired of her complaining that its so hot when she has to run the rake at bailing time. I smiled I figured he was just yanking her chain a bit. She looked at him and said you old SOB, you know I cant take the heat like I use to, and you sit in the new one with AC and radio and Im out sweating my azz off and you just smile when you go by! Well I like to fell off my chair laffin, he got this sheepish grin and said, I know dear,,lol,,
Well to make a long story short he bought her a new M with all the toys and she was all smiles driving it around the parking lot. From what I understand around here at least, all the gas drilling that has been going on, and the royalties have been big and fast, and lot of these farmers are getting first class equipment for the first time in their lives and loving it. well me somehow I don't have any gas rights under my place, soooo I guess I ll just play with the toys I got

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
My local area dealer last summer was bought out by Hoober Inc and I saw where they have several locations in Pa and in Md. The same staff stayed on board just owner ship changed hands.

Before they had been an independently owned dealership who I thought was doing good for themselves and opened a second location a few sort years ago.

I guess money talks and shit walks and the local dealer was bought out by a chain.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Eric, its like the local Harley Dealers, a group owns several around here in SW Pa and WVa ,, the old days are gone forever of a Mom and Pop shop ever making a go of it, I don't think Murphy was bought out but you know how quiet money talks