B6200 injector questions

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Back again with a few more questions on the B6200.

1. Injector closest to the radiator appears to be leaking. I was able to get it out. Any ideas on best way to clean it and/or what could be wrong?

2. How do you get the shifter knob off? Need to replace the cover(witches hat) at the base. It is not threaded just seems to slip on.

Thanks for all of the help - hope to have it back together in next week or so. Have about $1,500 in it now:eek:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
1: Where was it leaking, there are four places it could be leaking, at the head, in the middle of the body, at the top of the body, and at the Fuel line.

2: It's just press fitted on the shaft pull straight up, may need to use a hammer and a board to help it come off. ;)

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
NIW - seems like it was leaking from the middle area of the injector. Definitely not from the top. I am going to try and break it down this weekend and clean it and re-install but cannot find any data on doing this. Seems like a part that rarely fails.

Probably should have just ordered another one and put it in but how do you know what washer to install to get it to open at the correct pressure/time?

I have new fuel return lines ordered and will be installing those also - may have been something as simple as that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need to get new / rebuilt injectors from a source like Oregon Fuel Injection, they will already be tested and set for the proper pop off pressure.
I also recommend that you replace all three at the same time when you do it.

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
NIW - thanks for the information. If I was keeping the unit, I probably would go ahead and replace all of the injectors, but I just bought it at an auction cause it was a good deal and wanted something to play around with mechanically. I have learned a great deal and enjoyed working on it but do not plan on keeping it so may just see what I can do with this one or order one new one from the place you suggested.

Thanks for all of your posts on this site - I have learned a lot by reading what you write and always look forward to your comments :)