L35 hydraulic leak

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Are you certain it's the fitting that is leaking? I had several L-35s over the years and almost all of them developed a leak in the hard lines under the seat. Those lines have a way of breaking at the fittings and leaking. I hope it's the o ring because those lines are a bear to replace. If it's an o ring in the lines I'm thinking about, it's just a banjo fitting that comes loose pretty easily and shouldn't be hard at all. Can you post a picture?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your sure it's the O-rings.

Remove the nut (160) and washer(170) and plate (220)
If the lines will flex out enough then you can remove the 5 O-rings and replace them, if not you will have to remove the stud (150) to get them to move.

The other connection will be to remove the 2 bolts (260) and replace that O-ring.

Attachments

Last edited:

PFConnolly

Equipment
BX2230D, L35, L4200
May 10, 2017
Wautoma, WI, USA
Wolfman suggested I contact you. If you have already received a message from me please excuse my persistence.
I have replaced the o rings but now find that one of the delivery lines has ruptured and the other one is swelling at the welded seam too. I have the replacement parts but hesitate to remove the old lines because I don***8217;t know if I can do the job without removing the ROPS & FOPS. I don***8217;t have a hoist to handle the heavy stuff. Can you tell me if it is possible to remove/install the delivery lines with the floorboard and under-seat sheet metal in place?
Thanks
Pat

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Wow, it has been nearly 15 years since I saw that problem. All I can recall was that it was a bear to do. I remember once we cut the pipes about half way and had fittings brazed into them to reconnect the halves so it would be easier to put them back in place. As I recall, it was much easier. I don't recall having to remove the rops but you will have to remove the sheet metal in the floor. I wish I could recall how, but other times we were able to twist and turn the pipe and manage to get it back in place. You might want to give some thought to the cut braze thing first. It would probably be easier on you religion.