Uh oh

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
I doubt it will do any harm unless you got really carried away with how much you added. I use Power Service (white bottle) and generally put in about twice the recommended amount in really cold weather. Never had a problem doing that.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Too late - the tractor is junk.

I'll have a truck there by Monday to pick it up. You just pay me trucking charges, and we'll call it even! :p

Seriously - how much is too much? Dosage/gallons would be helpful.

Many, not all, of the fuel additives are not harmful if over-dosed - within reason of course.

Look at your bottle to see what the destructions say.

Normal case - you over-did it. So what. Run it and don't throw your money away in additives like that again.

Worse case, you siphon half the fuel out into another can, then replace with untreated diesel.

I don't measure my Power Service additive closely at all - couple "glugs" works just fine!

Trust me - with a little research, you'll probably be just fine easy enough!:cool:

Couldn't resist yanking your chain a little.....

Good Luck- and I do mean that sincerely!!

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Here is a link to the MSDS for the stuff you added. If you look in section 3, the composition of the ingredients are all petroleum products. The ingredients are Kerosene, petroleum solvent and naphthalene. You should have nothing to worry about even if you dumped 3 or 4 times the recommended amount in your tank.

https://lucasoil.com/pdf/SDS_Lucas-Anti-Gel-Cold-Weather.pdf

Last edited:

S Chamblee

Equipment
6 foot tiller, land plane, 6 foot bush hog, 2 row hipper
May 10, 2017
Mississippi
thanks for all the replies!! Y'all make me feel a little bit better :)

it says 64 oz will treat 300 gal and I did the opposite on what I should have done.. 64/300= .21 oz/gal is what I should have done.. BUT I put
300/64= 40z/gal :eek:

Not worried about the kerosene at all but not sure about the other 2 products.

SO YES I WAY OVER DID IT!!!

Such an embarrassing mistake but in my defense it was late one afternoon right at dark and I was rushing to get this done and not paying enough attention to what I was doing..

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

it says 64 oz will treat 300 gal and I did the opposite on what I should have done.. 64/300= .21 oz/gal is what I should have done.. BUT I put

Such an embarrassing mistake but in my defense it was late one afternoon right at dark and I was rushing to get this done and not paying enough attention to what I was doing..
You are not the first nor the last one to make a boo-boo!!!:D

As you use the machine, constantly top it off with fresh diesel, this will dilute the mix over time than JUST running the tank out!;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
STOP and Drain it out!
You put in 190 times as much as you should have! :eek:
Emissions controlled tractors can be damaged by excessive use of additives, I'm sure you don't want to have to replace the DEF $868 or the catalyst $1721.

I'm not sure what you used would do it or not, but I personally wouldn't risk it! ;)

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not to mention I've seen melted pistons, cracked heads, burned valves and lots of other internal damage from to much conditioner. I would drain everything out if it was mine.

I'd also get away from that type conditioner unless you're treating a big bulk tank. Way to easy to over treat when you use conditioner that strong.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

Okay, I just looked up your tractor data. It has a 13.5 gallon fuel tank according to tractordata.com. You said that you put 40 ounces of fuel treatment per 1 gallon of diesel fuel in your tank? That is 4.21 gallons of fuel treatment per 13.5 gallons of diesel. Are you sure that your math is correct? If it is, I agree with Wolfman, drain that already treated fuel and put straight #2 diesel in it.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I did the exact samething. Luckily i didnt run it. I had installed a shuttoff, before the filters and pump. Drained the tank into 2L bottles till the last gallon. Then filled with fresh diesel. I figure im now double dosage but should be ok from insrtutions to clean injectors, white power service. Freaked me out when it started running ruff, grabbed fuel filter and found i forgot to re-open valve for fuel. Now have a super concentrated jug if antigel fuel.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan

There was some bad math happening here, and I think it has folks thinking that you put more than 4 gallons in the tank.

300/64 = 4.7 oz/gallon (not 40)
with 13.5 gallon tank that would be 13.5 x 4.7 = 63 oz of additive (just under a 1/2 gallon). Still to much, but it is not 4 gallons. I assume you bought it in a 1/2 gallon quantity and dumped the whole bottle in.

S Chamblee - Not that it matters at this point, but how much did you put in the tank? In any case, it needs to be drained out.

Rather than wasting the fuel, and if you still want to use additive; then after you drain the fuel, you will have 13.5 gallon source of diluted additive. Doing the math, if you added 1/2 gallon to your tank - as the ratio I calculated above would suggest - then just take 6 oz (or 3/4 cup) of the fuel/additive combo that you are going to drain out of the tank, and use that for every full tank of fuel.

Last edited:

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Too late - the tractor is junk.

I'll have a truck there by Monday to pick it up. You just pay me trucking charges, and we'll call it even! :p

Seriously - how much is too much? Dosage/gallons would be helpful.

Many, not all, of the fuel additives are not harmful if over-dosed - within reason of course.

Look at your bottle to see what the destructions say.

Normal case - you over-did it. So what. Run it and don't throw your money away in additives like that again.

Worse case, you siphon half the fuel out into another can, then replace with untreated diesel.

I don't measure my Power Service additive closely at all - couple "glugs" works just fine!

Trust me - with a little research, you'll probably be just fine easy enough!:cool:

Couldn't resist yanking your chain a little.....

Good Luck- and I do mean that sincerely!!
Lucas additive is primarily a light weight petroleum distillate... and should not bother the engine in any way...