Kioti ?

bluefield

Jun 4, 2017
boligee, alabama
Looked at a 2014 Kioti 65 horse cabbed with a front loader reasonable priced. Never heard of a Kioti but it looked great & ran good. Anyone know a reason not to buy one?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
You probably wont get much of an answer here, as this is a kubota forum, now ask about a similar machine thats a kubota and you will get some answers.
Its like asking a ford guy about a dodge.

Its all a matter of preference,controls feel good, engine is smooth and everything functions as it should and you are happy with the price,and cant find a kobota that fits the bill, well its up to you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anyone know a reason not to buy one?
Because it's not a Kubota! ;)

Ok seriously, the one major downfall to buying from a low teir tractor company, Montana, TYM, Mahindra, Jinma, Kioti and others is the present and future avalibility of parts.
I've also found that they do not carry parts over on models so trying to find a possible substitute is really tough.
Also trying to find someone to work on it can get real fun, as there is little support fot those models.
Find a forum that covers Kioti's and see what they have to say! ;)

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
That is one of the biggest reasons I went with Kubota. Availability of parts down the road. I have heard great things about Kioti. You would probably be fine if you bought it. My next concern is, I believe but could be wrong, they are made in South Korea. With the way things are going in North Korea I would be worried that a lot of S. Korea could be wiped out and thus no tractor parts. Obviously I hope this never happens but it's not looking good and it seems all the options have run dry.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Lots more aftermarket optional accessories for a Kubota.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
There are two Kioti dealers, one an hour each opposite direction. The one dealer is established, also carrying NH and some big Ag field names. His prices werent low enough to entice me away from Kubota, that and when I settled on a SCUT, he wanted 3500 more than Kubota. That made it a no brainer. The used Kioti that would pop up on their site also reflected a resale value that wasnt as good. They are fine machines, if you get a popular model for a great price. Otherwise, parts can and will be somewhat more difficult to get.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
As some have mentioned a tractor sometimes is only as good as it dealer network. I have 4 Kubota dealers within a 45 minute radius of home . Theres one mahinda dealer that also has ls and theres one NH dealer that sells Kioti . The NH dealer has been there a long time but there secondary line of tractors has changed a few times. Kubota is here for the long run the others may or may not.

Last edited:

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
I agree with what everyone else has said, look at dealer network and availability of parts. However, I have a friend who owns a Kioti and he loves it but the nearest dealer is two hours away. I recently sold my Massey-Ferguson because the dealer network had dwindled to one in my entire state. Parts were becoming difficult to obtain. I now own a Kubota and have two dealers within 30 minutes and no problem getting parts and support.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Not very prevaliant in my local area. Orange and Green seem to be what people bleed on the farms near me. The green guys do have orange envy everytime they pass my place they are always sneeking a peek. :p

I went with the local kubota dealer because of a good feel for what I could expect and I haven't had a problem, price was part of it too :rolleyes:. I always recommend them to other potental buyers and I believe they have made two sales on top of my sale.

Your buying a dealer just as much as the equipment. SO your milage will vary.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Dealer support, parts, sales and service. That makes it important to buy Orange, Green, Blue or Case

Pat

I say there....I said I say there.....We don't say "green", "blue", or "case" here.
[emoji14] [emoji1]

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Seems 90%+ of the machines the farmers run in my area are green, they were born into green and assume they like them to match. I see some newer Case being run as well. Also see some Steiger bigguns here and there but they're as old or older than I am. State DOT runs new holland, must've gotten a contract. However, 90%+ of the homeowner equipment is orange. See a few mahindra mixed in. Never seen a kioti in person, but I hear good things.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Seems 90%+ of the machines the farmers run in my area are green, they were born into green and assume they like them to match. I see some newer Case being run as well. Also see some Steiger bigguns here and there but they're as old or older than I am. State DOT runs new holland, must've gotten a contract. However, 90%+ of the homeowner equipment is orange. See a few mahindra mixed in. Never seen a kioti in person, but I hear good things.
State DOT normally put out their requirments out for bid. So the lowest or best value company wins. I have seen the state run with all colors. It made me cry though when the painted a kubota, blue :(

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya would think even PennDot would know you can see an Orange tractor better than a blue one :confused:

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
I looked long and hard at Kioti and almost pulled trigger, but decided distance to dealer and resale were my deciding factors. Will say though, when I was looking, the price was pretty attractive even with upgraded features like rear remotes, 3rd function, etc.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ohhhhhhhhhh so paint it ford blue and nobody will bother it,,,now I undertand :rolleyes:

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
I've come to the conclusion that Asian newcomers like Hyundai, Kia cars and Kioti fits the profile too for a tractor, is that they are good copies. They don't have much in the R & D departments but they can copy anything. They also lack the refinement of motors and transmissions. They are good, but just that. Not great. And as said, resale is very much affected. A 10 year old Toyota could fetch thousands of dollars. A 10 year old Hyundai of same size and mileage is worth hundreds...

Last edited: