B7100: belly mower a hassle to remove?

njr522

Aug 26, 2014
Saskatoon
Hi all! I'm new to the forum and I'm looking at purchasing my first orange tractor!

I'm looking at two different 7100's in comparable condition. One is a 1985 7100 auto with tiller and belly mount 60" mower.

The other is a 1994 7100 hst with a tiller.

I need the tractor for tilling and mowing. Is the 60" belly mount a hassle to remove every time I want to till? Should I just be budgeting for a 3pt finishing mower?

Thanks for the help! Nate

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The finish mower is nice if you have wide open space, and not a lot of tight spots, or stuff to go around. You'll have a tad more trimming to do with the finish mower since it tracks behind you, if your going around trees.

If you have a tight yard with lots of obstacles the mmm is the way to go. Not sure how much of a pain it is to remove the mmm.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You don't need to remove the mmm to run the tiller. ;)

I personally would go with the 94 model, and buy the mmm for it.
They made some pretty big changes on the b7100HST's over those years!

Last edited:

njr522

Aug 26, 2014
Saskatoon
I don't need to remove it?? Sweet!

I figured I would have to given the mower is 60" and the tiller is 48" so I won't be able to get as close as I want.

Any issues with buying the older machine?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks wolfman! I'm looking at another 1000 for the 94

What does a mmm run for you think?
I see the mmm around here for $350 to $850.

I personally like the electrical controls, rear hubs, and the front axle a lot better on the newer version, I think all points are built a little better, I'm pretty sure there is a different HST unit in them too.

But if the 85 runs good and strong, for a $1000 difference and no mmm, you would probably be into it for cheaper than the 94 model. ;)

Big points to look at are worn hubs (front and rear), worn steering, blow by off the vent tube from the motor (tube goes down left side of motor from valve cover), excessively worn 3 point arm and joints, ROPS (roll bar and belt), and any bad alterations from stock.
I've altered mine with different tires, newer larger motor, alternator, new lights and home built loader. I didn't consider them bad alterations from stock. ;)

njr522

Aug 26, 2014
Saskatoon
I see the mmm around here for $350 to $850.

I personally like the electrical controls, rear hubs, and the front axle a lot better on the newer version, I think all points are built a little better, I'm pretty sure there is a different HST unit in them too.

But if the 85 runs good and strong, for a $1000 difference and no mmm, you would probably be into it for cheaper than the 94 model. ;)

Big points to look at are worn hubs (front and rear), worn steering, blow by off the vent tube from the motor (tube goes down left side of motor from valve cover), excessively worn 3 point arm and joints, ROPS (roll bar and belt), and any bad alterations from stock.
I've altered mine with different tires, newer larger motor, alternator, new lights and home built loader. I didn't consider them bad alterations from stock. ;)
Thanks for the help guys! I will let you know what I go with

Pepperbrew

Equipment
B7100HST
Apr 27, 2014
Michigan
I have a RC60-71B Mid Mount Mower on my 1991 B7100HST , I feel it is easy to remove. You just pull a few pins, undo the PTO and drive over the deck.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a RC60-71B Mid Mount Mower on my 1991 B7100HST , I feel it is easy to remove. You just pull a few pins, undo the PTO and drive over the deck.

Pep,

On my new to be B7100, there is a MMM, model RC60-24B, and it is a royal PITA to get off!!! Now I am not sure that THIS model was designed to go under the B, but it works well, However, to remove it - jack the front end up about a foot and then you are ok.

I bought the tractor not really thinking about the 60+ inches that I didnt have on my trailer, so when i got there I had to take the deck off and throw it in the truck bed....

got home, unloaded the truck and had to bring the BX around to lift up the front end of the B - once you get it under there it is a breeze but........

anyway you can take some pictures for me of how yours is mounted? look at my pictures and tell me WHAT is different - thanks !

Attachments

JerryC999

Equipment
B7100HST
Aug 16, 2014
Simpsonville, KY
I have a new-to-me 1986 b7100 hst with a 60" belly mower. For the life of me, I cannot find either video or manual on how to remove the mower. I hear it is a few pins and then drive over it, but is there an illustration somewhere out there? The blades are in bad need of sharpening, and I would love to do that before the last mowing or two of the season.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a new-to-me 1986 b7100 hst with a 60" belly mower. For the life of me, I cannot find either video or manual on how to remove the mower. I hear it is a few pins and then drive over it, but is there an illustration somewhere out there? The blades are in bad need of sharpening, and I would love to do that before the last mowing or two of the season.
Jerry,

look at this photo -
it is not your exact deck but close -
circled in red are two spring load pins, pull and turn and it will drop the rear, and the front will release with large handle near front end, and uncouple the PTO.........not sure it is a drive over desk though.

Place deck all the way down to do any of this.......

Attachments

Last edited: