dual rear wheels l2000dt

roseberry

Aug 21, 2014
kilcoy queensland australia
Hi every one new to the forum . just brought my self a little tractor kuboya l2000dt with front end loader ,slasher auger for my hobby farm in kilcoy australia , been a very steep block i am wanting to fit dual wheels to the rear and spaced aproxx 100mm from each other so i am looking for a set of rims and tyres and if a hub extention exist or i can fabricate one also want to turn the front tyres out wards , if any one has done this or can offer any advise pros and cons , some people have said the axels and stubs may not handle them , will look at all advise cheers phil ps i love seeeing pictures , have not worked out how on this forum yet

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi every one new to the forum . just brought my self a little tractor kuboya l2000dt with front end loader ,slasher auger for my hobby farm in kilcoy australia , been a very steep block i am wanting to fit dual wheels to the rear and spaced aproxx 100mm from each other so i am looking for a set of rims and tyres and if a hub extention exist or i can fabricate one also want to turn the front tyres out wards , if any one has done this or can offer any advise pros and cons , some people have said the axels and stubs may not handle them , will look at all advise cheers phil ps i love seeeing pictures , have not worked out how on this forum yet

Welcome to the world of ORANGE!

AS for the dual wheels, never seen it done (on this tractor), doesn't mean it can't be done!

I would start with loading your tires with liquid ballast - and placing a weighted box on the rear to use your bucket effectively.

Pushing them out 4" (we ain't smart enough to change to metric around these parts ! :eek:) should not be a problem, however - the strain will be a bit on that tractor.

You will need the exact same size (worn too) tires, rim, and the bolts will need to be ........loooong !!!! Not sure you can find most of that without a total fabrication. Good luck !

and everyone loves pictures!!!!!!!!

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Remember this, the farther out that you get the wheels, with spacers or turning the rims around, that harder it is on the bearings and axles due to the increased leverage.

Not to say that it cannot be done and in certain cases it certainly should be, but this brings the tractor outside its design specifications, so you will experience problems related to this increased leverage eventually.

You could even find that you will break a front axle hub if you have a loader, whereas the factory width on the front end would never have a issue. Again, depending upon the load and how wide the front tires get.

Not to scare you, just something to keep in mind. Again the choice between a roll over and destroying a bearing or two, or a axle, it becomes pretty clear that the tractor should be sacrificed to save you the operator!

David