3 Point Lift 'Choppy'

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
L3502 with FEL, Big Bee 6' Brushcutter
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Folks,
I solved my first problem with my Daedong L3502 with your help. Now for the next issue - My 3 point lift is choppy when raising and lowering my 6' shredder. Anybody know why this is occurring. My bucket operates smooth and strong.
Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Folks,
I solved my first problem with my Daedong L3502 with your help. Now for the next issue - My 3 point lift is choppy when raising and lowering my 6' shredder. Anybody know why this is occurring. My bucket operates smooth and strong.
Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin
I would think that the limit is being reached on the 3 point , OR .....there is a hydraulic problem. Lowering should not be choppy .........
nor up for that matter..........
Tell when the fluid was changed last, filter? Is that 1/4 valve or position control? I have no idea about that type of tractor......just a SWAG.:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Glad you got your lift arm fixed. Is there a screen or filter on the Hydraulics? If your not seeing a filter, then there may be a screen somewhere low on the tranny below the seat. Would look like a big bolt on the side. And would be directly opposite where the pick up tube for the hydraulics attaches to the tranny

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Hokie and Daren, I couldnt say when the fluid was last changed but it looks and smells clean. I'll check for a filter or screen and see how that looks. I'll get back with any progress. Thanks for your advice.
Martin

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hokie and Daren, I couldnt say when the fluid was last changed but it looks and smells clean. I'll check for a filter or screen and see how that looks. I'll get back with any progress. Thanks for your advice.
Martin
when buying any used equipment that works for living (or use to) always always always change all fluids and filters. No matter if it "looks" good or not. ALWAYS change fluids. You get so many clues about a rig when you do this and it eliminates unknowns (was proper fluid put in before sold???). Least that has been the experience with the Unimog World which are essential high speed tractors

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Daren and Folks, I found the screw on canister filter but not the 'screen type'. If it has a screw on filter, does that mean it doesn't have the screen filter. I also got some advice to change the fluid and filter regardless, which is probably a good idea, but do you think the fluid would cause the "choppy" lift action?
Thanks,
Martin

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If it has a screw in filter, then it probably doesnt have screen. The choppy is probaby the filter, but at the same time it would be a good idea to change the fluid too. Then you know exactly what you have in there

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
With it being geared, you could use the universal. Not sure what the 303 is;) i would say it's which ever you prefer.

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Folks, Before I do anything, I have attached some pictures to view to help answer a couple more questions. My question is, How can I tell if the hydro fluid is at the correct level? It looks like the fill cap is on top of the tranny between the operators feet. Can you confirm this and looking in the fill hole, does it look low to you? I also added a picture of the filter. Can you tell by looking if it one that can be cleaned or is it a throw away type? Thanks for any assistance.
Martin

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The filter is a throw away. Should be able to get the number off from it and check with the local auto parts store.

The fill level for the transmission should be located on the clutch side of the transmission. It will be either a plug or site glass. If it's the plug type, the just fill it till it starts to run out of the plug. Here's a pic of the level plug on my transmission. It's the orange one

Here's a pic of what it looks like if it has a filter screen. It's the cap with the two bolts holding it

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widtfeldt Farm and Ranch

Equipment
Jul 28, 2014
Axtell, Texas, USA
Daren, Wolfman, CoachGeo and ToolJunkie,
You were correct on both (all) issues. I found the sight glass at the clutch side of the tranny, and it was low. Added about a gallon of fluid and the 3 pt is much smoother. The P/N Wolfman cited was correct and I'll be changing filter and fluids this weekend. Thanks very much for your expertise and guidance.
Martin