plumbing a BX Hydraulic outlet to the front front and back?

dhmeiser

Jun 29, 2014
Pipersville
I have a new BX2680 (upgraded from my 15 year old BX1500 which was too small for my use) which has a dealer installed accessory Hydraulic outlet on the front of the tractor for snow blade articulation.

I was interested to see if I could also tee off and put another set of connects on the rear of the tractor as well.

I am thinking of putting on a Hydraulic top link and wanted to see if this is possible.

I would only use the front or the back ports one at a time of course.

Suggestions comments?

Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
You could do as you suggest however, the day will come when someone has implements connected both front and back and then nothing will work as you have an open center system and this design allows oil to take the path of least resistance.

I would instead suggest a selector valve. Think of it like an A or B switch.

In one position flow is directed to the front outlets, in the other position flow is directed to the rear.

This link is for a manual selector valve.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200335627_200335627

Kubota used this strategy on many of their early years tractors.

You can get fancier with electric selector valves.

Dave

dhmeiser

Jun 29, 2014
Pipersville
You could do as you suggest however, the day will come when someone has implements connected both front and back and then nothing will work as you have an open center system and this design allows oil to take the path of least resistance.

I would instead suggest a selector valve. Think of it like an A or B switch.

In one position flow is directed to the front outlets, in the other position flow is directed to the rear.

This link is for a manual selector valve.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200335627_200335627

Kubota used this strategy on many of their early years tractors.

You can get fancier with electric selector valves.

Dave
Thanks for the suggestion :)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a new BX2680 (upgraded from my 15 year old BX1500 which was too small for my use) which has a dealer installed accessory Hydraulic outlet on the front of the tractor for snow blade articulation.

I was interested to see if I could also tee off and put another set of connects on the rear of the tractor as well.

I am thinking of putting on a Hydraulic top link and wanted to see if this is possible.

I would only use the front or the back ports one at a time of course.

Suggestions comments?

Thanks
Will work fine as long as only one set is connected at any given time. If you want to be able to connect both sets and switch on the fly i would suggest a diverter ($100) in place of the tees. A 12V solenoid valve and a toggle or pushbutton switch mounted on the operators station is all you need to operate it.

Dan

Attachments