BX 23S & my BH dolly

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
QUESTION ?

Using the BXpanded dolly....... do you have to use the outriggers for mount or removal of the backhoe??

Same question for using the wood dollys

Looking at the almost 10 year old video for the Removal of the Backhoe using the BXpanded..... he did not use the outriggers, and does not show the backhoe being re-mounted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjH53iqIR8s

When Messick's does the removal / mount..... Neil uses the outriggers
(start at the 2 minute mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GgOnegWPO0

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I have to use my stabilizers with my wood dolly but I didn't put much effort into matching the height of the expanded dolly. I think if you get the same height, it will cam back onto the dolly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
I did not have to use the outriggers to get mine on the wood dolly. The position of hoe on the dolly combined with the proper height allows you roll or cam the lower pins up and out of the lower hooks. I've unhooked my 23s and a friends 25d using the outriggers and the dolly is the cats meow in comparison in my opinion.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
You do not need to use the outrigger for the bx dolly. I put them out for safety but the Bh goes right on the stand with the control.

Something I learned was to set the bucket on the straight piece of the bucket.

Then see if you can center the cart before setting the front part of the Bh on the cart.

I haven’t seen any videos of the bx23s. I’ve thought about doing one!

I’m out of town for a week but I’ll keep any eye on this thread if you need anything.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I made one today.... I used a 2x4
I purchased a set of 5" casters from amazon $30 They said they were 6" total tall.... NO, they were 6.25" (6-1/4") tall.
For the control / outrigger side I used a piece of 1x4 (it was a true 1" thick)...

I tried to make the wood dolly as close to what the metal tubing dolly was like.

Here is what I think should be done.... Use a 2x6 for the control / outrigger side.... Because I think it needs the extra 1/2" height..... Mine was resting on the tie down brackets (where it says "not a step)..... I used a piece of scrap 5/8" material (not pictured) on the top of the dolly...... so hopefully the tie down brackets will not come in contact with the top of the dolly.

Total cost $50 for casters, nuts and bolts and lumber.

Attachments