Sunshade Canopy

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Anyone else use a canopy on their tractor's roll bar to keep the sun off them. I bought one for the tractor I use around the house and it seems to work pretty nice.

I went with a Sunshade canopy instead of the Kubota model because it was several hundred dollars cheaper and I didn't know if I was going to like one on it so I figured I'd save a few bucks.

It seems well made and fit perfectly.

Messicks had them in stock so On she went. :)

Last edited:

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Anyone else use a canopy on their tractor's roll bar to keep the sun of them.
I have one on my BX. Must have item in the Aussie sun.
The only issue is when you lower the ROPS the canopy actually makes the height clearance no better. Its OK if the BH is removed though.

Not an issue for me as I dont have any clearance issues

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Looks real nice from the profile, like a factory piece, very clean looking lines.

Hopefully more people chime in, with names of aftermarket canopy companies. There is a company I used to have the website saved for, but in my computer crash of '16-'17, I lost the website and can't remember the name of it.

jmg32975

May 21, 2019
US
I've got a cheapy from the local farm and home. I think it was around 100 a few years ago. Keeps the sun off my head and neck while on the tractor or BH.
Ignore the mud, just playing with my new bh77

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I've got a cheapy from the local farm and home. I think it was around 100 a few years ago. Keeps the sun off my head and neck while on the tractor or BH.
Ignore the mud, just playing with my new bh77

Looks like it does the trick.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hev to get one for my OSM9 yet. Thinking about which one yet.

jmg32975

May 21, 2019
US
I've had it about 3 years now. I sprayed it with camp dry to keep it from leaking while I'm working in the rain as well. It's done very well for not having spent 700. I just can't seem to make myself drop that much on the canopy yet, but I'll probably get there lol

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Hev to get one for my OSM9 yet. Thinking about which one yet.
You can read about the one I got on their website HERE

I think the Kubota canopy framing is really well made and it's plastic instead of fiberglass like the one I got so it would probably hold up better against cracking but being cheap by nature I went with the lower cost alternative and so far it seems pretty nice. :D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Think I'm going to get a Tuff Top canopy in Kubota orange. $279 bucks delivered from Amazon. I need one that folds down when I trailer the M.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I just ordered a Rhinohide canopy today for my BX2370. Looking forward to its arrival. It's made out of super tough plastic type material that is supposed to be forgiving, the same thing dumpster lids are made of. All the reviews were great so I settled on it. I got the easy off version where you can just loosen two knobs and take it off. I wish it was orange but only comes in black and paint won't stick to it. I will report back when I have it awhile and let you all know how I like it. $315.00 delivered.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Think I'm going to get a Tuff Top canopy in Kubota orange. $279 bucks delivered from Amazon. I need one that folds down when I trailer the M.
I put one on my BX2380. I have to fold the ROPs to get in the garage. Takes me about 30 second to install/remove. I found it easier to remove then fold the ROPs with it installed.

Attachments

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I got a golf cart roof (free) and fabricated up the frame mount.

Works pretty good in rain/snow as long as I'm not moving very fast.

Works awesome in the Sun!

Attachments

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
You can read about the one I got on their website HERE

I think the Kubota canopy framing is really well made and it's plastic instead of fiberglass like the one I got so it would probably hold up better against cracking but being cheap by nature I went with the lower cost alternative and so far it seems pretty nice. :D

The one you got from Messicks looks great. Canopy makes the tractor much more comfortable to use. we went with the factory one, it was less than $100 more than the aftermarket ones for an L. Needed fiberglass because we always bashing something with it and repairing it with the gel kit

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I put one on my BX2380. I have to fold the ROPs to get in the garage. Takes me about 30 second to install/remove. I found it easier to remove then fold the ROPs with it installed.
Looks nice. My ROPS on my M9 isn't nearly as high as the smaller tractors. So the canopy will be closer to my head.

I've read some reviews on it and most of the people say it's hard to assemble and the instructions suck. Is that true?

No problem with clearance while stored for me, Tractors go in the barn, cars go in the garage.

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
$50 for a used golf cart roof; I bought two of them, one for my tractor, one for my ZTR.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I have the factory canopy on my Kubota MX4800. Well made, it is fiberglass, has a couple of reflectors on it. I mounted a pair of Rigid D Series Pro LED work lights right at the front edge of the canopy on the steel bars that support it, and they work amazingly well.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Looks nice. My ROPS on my M9 isn't nearly as high as the smaller tractors. So the canopy will be closer to my head.

I've read some reviews on it and most of the people say it's hard to assemble and the instructions suck. Is that true?

No problem with clearance while stored for me, Tractors go in the barn, cars go in the garage.
Not hard at all, took me about an hour+. I have one on my Husqvarna Zero turn
too. I always seem to start mowing around high noon. A real game changer when your mowing in the Carolina sun.