L2501 hst and split brakes

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
they could just have a mechanical hand operated pto, clutch , lots of tractors in the past have had this, it’s just moving the lever to someplace else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

v6pack

Equipment
L3901
Jun 6, 2016
Parker, CO
I have an L3901 HST and the only time I can see the split pedals being usefull would be if you have Cruse Control added, then you would be able to use and function the pedals as intended.
I also have a 54 Farmall Super C and I use the split pedal brakes all the time.

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
I don't ever use the split brakes and I really don't see where u would ever use them. That's what front wheel assist does. It eliminates the brakes for turning.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have an L3901 HST and the only time I can see the split pedals being usefull would be if you have Cruse Control added, then you would be able to use and function the pedals as intended.
I also have a 54 Farmall Super C and I use the split pedal brakes all the time.
The only problem with that is the cruise control disengages when a brake pedal is depressed. :D

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Not useless at all.

Slide your left foot over the "tunnel", and use IT to control the brake while you're using the right foot for the HST pedal. Us fluent 3 pedal (manual transmission) car/truck guys & gals will have an advantage with this.

Years ago when I worked for JD, my and another "tech" (also an idiot) were messing around in the shop. I was on an HST JD 4300 I think it was, and decided to try the "cutting" brake. Well I learn't that you can put the HST in high gear, throttle wide open, mash one brake and steer and you can do a stationary burnout on a tractor. Very dangerous, though. There's no telling where the tractor's going to go. Luckily for us, the slick shop floor was wet and it was an oily/greasy spot right there so it was mostly effortless like on ice, but if it were to "catch"? NO telling...probably go through the building, and just on the other side of that wall was the boss' office....THAT would've been hard to explain. Both to the police, the attorneys, AND to the boss....

As said up top, it's easy.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Not useless at all.

Slide your left foot over the "tunnel", and use IT to control the brake while you're using the right foot for the HST pedal. Us fluent 3 pedal (manual transmission) car/truck guys & gals will have an advantage with this.
Have to disagree. My 2018 RAM has a 6-speed manual, and I drive it everyday, but there is no way I could move my left foot over the hump in the floor and operate the split brake pedals...I guess I'm just not agile enough.

For what it's worth, I've owned 4 Kubota tractors ranging from B to M and never once have I ever used the split brake feature, nor felt like I'd like to or need to.

ihfr

Equipment
b3300su w/loader & backhoe
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
Here’s what I do- I position the heel of my boot on the forward pedal, and the toe end over the appropriate split brake pedal. Took some getting used to. But once the muscle memory kicked in, I found it a great assist when plowing snow. Prior to that I was reach down with my hand and pushing the brake(s) too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
I hope Kubota is reading this thread and realizes they need to fix this and the other L tractors with this problem. Budget tractor or not.

When you have people left footing over the hump, reaching down with their hand on a foot peddle, heal-toeing it, or just not using it, It’s a broken design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk