Disappointed in BXpanded

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I just got screwed by Home Depot. They said the item would be delivered June 15 then I get to the check out and they said delivery would be on June 17. :)

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Well, I spoke too soon. I attempted to install my BXpanded quick attach bucket adapter today and the unit was not welded correctly. The rear pin holes dont line up and the unit cannot be installed. I called BXpanded to report the issue and they have promised to ship me a replacement ASAP which I appreciate. However, its extremely frustrating to wait a month and then receive a defective item that was CLEARLY not quality checked.

quicktractor

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Jul 27, 2017
Flagstaff
This seems to be pretty consistent for BXpanded. I ordered the same parts on 5/7 and they arrived today, 6/10. I contacted them after waiting for two weeks and received the same response as the OP. I agree with the OP, if they would have said it will take a month up front I would not have been frustrated.

On a side note, a visual inspection indicates that the quality seems to be outstanding.
This is funny because I am having this discussion with my "just graduated" adult-teenager. I have been lecturing that being an adult is saying what you will do and then doing it. Someone (e.g. boss, customer,...) might not like it if you say no, or this is when I can do it. But it is much better than saying yes and not delivering!

abolt300mag

Equipment
BX2380 60" MMM FEL Landpride 54" grapple LP 1248 box blade
Feb 21, 2019
Middletown De
Try this on for size, so in February I ordered the BX quick attach bucket hooks. Got them just inside of 2 weeks. First time I used them they slide almost freely across the bucket almost ending in catastrophe. Emailed the company as well as called and left a message. 2 weeks pass no reply. Was finally fortunate enough to have someone answer when I called. Disclosed the issue I was having and was told to discontinue use of the hooks. Really? I guess she felt it necessary to tell me this. She then goes to talk to Patrick, the boss I guess. He just left she says. This went on for another 6 weeks! Finally she says "you received the old style that we had that problem with but we are going to replace these with our new version" another 2 weeks pass, still nothing. When I was actually able to get someone to answer their phone it was " these are out of stock but we will be making more next week" next week came and went. The following week it was "we made your set but the failed QC". Finally after another couple of weeks the redesigned bucket hooks arrived. I called back and asked after all this what consideration were they going to make for my troubles and down time. The response: free shipping on my next order!! YEA RIGHT AS IF!

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Try this on for size, so in February I ordered the BX quick attach bucket hooks. Got them just inside of 2 weeks. First time I used them they slide almost freely across the bucket almost ending in catastrophe. Emailed the company as well as called and left a message. 2 weeks pass no reply. Was finally fortunate enough to have someone answer when I called. Disclosed the issue I was having and was told to discontinue use of the hooks. Really? I guess she felt it necessary to tell me this. She then goes to talk to Patrick, the boss I guess. He just left she says. This went on for another 6 weeks! Finally she says "you received the old style that we had that problem with but we are going to replace these with our new version" another 2 weeks pass, still nothing. When I was actually able to get someone to answer their phone it was " these are out of stock but we will be making more next week" next week came and went. The following week it was "we made your set but the failed QC". Finally after another couple of weeks the redesigned bucket hooks arrived. I called back and asked after all this what consideration were they going to make for my troubles and down time. The response: free shipping on my next order!! YEA RIGHT AS IF!

Did you see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE_bDhIWTvg&t=58s

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado

This stinks... I wonder what is going on over there. I’ve been happy with everything I have from them (QA backhoe system, BH trencher bucket, bucket hooks, piranha bar, tool box-although the plastic box is way too fragile). Sad to see so many issues. Maybe just growing pains, which is understandable and a good problem to have, but have to communicate with your customers. Or maybe they hired on some new labor and lack of supervision is creating quality issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
I bought a box blade through everything attachment and was told on the phone that there was a 2 month backlog.

I was ready for the wait as I knew the everything attachment build quality products

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I bought a box blade through everything attachment and was told on the phone that there was a 2 month backlog.

I was ready for the wait as I knew the everything attachment build quality products

Yup. EA has long waits but good products. But BXPanded is recently showing a concerning frequency of QC issues and poor customer communication.

To compare, I ordered a 3pt trailer hitch from EA in March. EA called me within 10 minutes to tell me it was backordered 3 months and asked whether I wanted to keep the order. I said no and they apologized and very politely cancelled the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I broke down today and ordered the under armor. I was told three weeks plus 4 days shipping to Washington State. He said they would try to do better, but no guarantees. I just wait and see......

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Wow, I can't believe you guys accept 'twiddling your thumbs' waiting for stuff to arrive. Up here good weather is short lived and I can't wait 2,4,6 weeks let alone 2-3 MONTHS for 'stuff'. Heck, Summer will be over, Fall is acoming up fast, I've got projects, let alone paying jobs that can't wait weeks let alone months.
I've got a 2by4 foot section of 'dumpbox liner' here for my 'skid plate'. Just need to cut a section of angle iron into 4 pieces and bolt it onto the BX23s. Total cost is less than $40. OK, maybe not as 'pretty' as store bought, but it's a 2 day 'done deal'.
Jay

abolt300mag

Equipment
BX2380 60" MMM FEL Landpride 54" grapple LP 1248 box blade
Feb 21, 2019
Middletown De
Well I also purchased the "under armour " . It folded in half the first time I was in the woods! They did nothing about that. I straightened it out and welded boxed steel for a spine. No trouble since

Jimt100

Equipment
BX2680
Jun 6, 2019
Chattanooga, TN USA
This is no way shape or form a negative review of any of their equipment. It is simply a customer being disappointed in the lack of information while ordering equipment and a heads up to those who intend on purchasing in the near future.

I placed an order for a quick change attachment and ripper for my BH77 this past Friday. I immediately received an email with an order confirmation stating that I will be updated when my order shipped. I was impressed with the convenience and prompt response from their ordering program.

Fast forward to today, Monday, I figured I would call and inquire on when I can expect my products as I have a few projects lined up next week. The gentleman on the phone advised that they are currently "3 to 3.5 weeks out on production". I was shocked and kind of annoyed at the fact that no where on the website or ordering process did it state anything of the sort. Best case scenario I'll see my stuff in a month, as they use UPS and Fedex Ground which takes 5-7 business from what I have seen.

I am assuming this is a fluke. If so, I would expect some sort of heads up on a backordered time frame like that. In conclusion, I would call if you intend on ordering something from them in the near future.

If anyone knows of comparable products from other manufacturers, I am open to suggestions.

Thank you and sorry for wasting 4 minutes of your time.

At least you got someone to answer the phone. I've been waiting for a month now an have no idea when I might receive my order.

Jcx644

Equipment
L2501
May 18, 2019
Howell, NJ. USA
Ifinally received my quick attach and ripper. The quick attach does have some slop as described in the YouTube video on page 3. The ripper is a monster. I snapped a few live 5” roots. Granted you need to use your brain and get the most effective bite on it. If I could figure out how to post a photo I would. I’d say it was worth the wait. The quick attach alone was. Literally 1 minute to swap between the 10” bucket and ripper.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Ifinally received my quick attach and ripper. The quick attach does have some slop as described in the YouTube video on page 3. The ripper is a monster. I snapped a few live 5***8221; roots. Granted you need to use your brain and get the most effective bite on it. If I could figure out how to post a photo I would. I***8217;d say it was worth the wait. The quick attach alone was. Literally 1 minute to swap between the 10***8221; bucket and ripper.
I have ordered a lot of stuff from BXPanded, they have always communicated to me when ive called or emailed. They make the stuff one at a time, if they said 4 weeks, it took 4 weeks. If they told me 8 weeks, its taken 8 weeks. Im always really happy with their stuff and has always been worth the wait.

Last edited:

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I just got screwed by Home Depot. They said the item would be delivered June 15 then I get to the check out and they said delivery would be on June 17. :)
AT&T owed me some money, they said I would get on 12th..two weeks later I got it.
They said there were computer problems...I thought I would try that one them next time bill was due...My was due on the 15th I called and told them I was having some problems with my computer and the payment may be late....it didn't work :)

chuck99z28

Premium Member

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 13, 2019
Virginia
I'm on my fourth order with them. Its worth the wait imho.

The products I get are beefy. The tooth bar is awesome.

mpsmith60

Equipment
L3901
Jan 13, 2019
West Georgia Area
www.diymyway.net
Living in the 'I want it now' world we live in, don't always work. What you want and when you get it are 2 different things.
So true! I have the Quick-On Backhoe Bucket Connector, the ripper, the 4" trenching bucket and the factory mount thumb. On the whole, very pleased with them.

As I recall, it usually took a couple of weeks after ordering them to receive them, which was not a problem for me.