Driving Lesson

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Friday I was going to pick up something for my wife. As I approached a very large and busy intersection here, I had a green light but knowing how people make right turns at this intersection, I had slowed to about 15 mph. Suddenly, a brand new Camaro makes a right turn without stopping and I'm on the brakes and horn because I'm about to get his driver's door. The kid appeared to be about 16 or 17, slid down comfortably in his seat so only his head and the top of his shoulder was visible. He slowly flipped me off and pulled on in to the lane and now I'm behind him. The car was brand new and had the Georgia temporary tag on it. All of a sudden, an older male who I assume was his father, leaned over and open hand slapped the boy. I mean, slapped the crap out of him. The boy continued to just idle down the road in the right lane. I stayed behind him because I had to make a right turn. I would have thought that he was in a hurry the way he almost cause an accident. I guess driving lessons come in all shapes and forms. The open hand slap for stupidity seems to work pretty good.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Good for the kids daddy !! ! I applaud him !!

The kid needed a slappin !

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Yes he did. I was boiling mad for a minute after not hitting him and then getting flipped off. I think daddy saw the flip off and thought 1. it was disrespectful and 2. that's a good way to get your butt beat.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My daughter lives south of Atlanta and is worried that if she touches her boys, Child Protective Services will show up at her door. That is the prevalent opinion among most parents with small kids today. Totally effed up.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Ray, that's is a crying shame too. Sixteen years ago I watched a guy stop his car in the drop off lane at my son's school, get out, snatch his belt off on the way to the passenger side, pulled his son out and put 4 good licks on him. I know they were good ones cause my windows were down and I heard them. The school guy, a coach, at the drop off trotted down and popped off with "We can take your son from you for that." The daddy told the school guy he'd best get back to his post before he put the belt on him too. I heard and saw it all.

Guess what.... the coach went back to the drop off point and nothing else was said of happened. I know both men quite well and kid too. 99.9% chance the kid needed and deserved it.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
If I'd been giving that driving lesson and my student flipped off another driver, I'd make him stop the car, get out and walk. He'd of wished he'd gotten off with a cuffing.
Driving is like weapons handling, not something to be taken lightly and with disregard for others safety.

When I was a kid in NH, I took Drivers Ed at 15. Drove in Concord to get some 'city experience'. Ignore the fact I grew up in NYC metro area and knew traffic. My instructor told me to take the next right. I protested, stating it was one way. He told me to do as he said. So I did, real slow and safely. Cops immediately pulled us over and I squealed like stuck pig. I'd seen the police car following us for a few blocks....:p

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My daughter lives south of Atlanta and is worried that if she touches her boys, Child Protective Services will show up at her door. That is the prevalent opinion among most parents with small kids today. Totally effed up.
Had a friend that got arrested for hitting his son. Kid is in his teens and smarted off to his dad so dad let him have it and the kid called the police and the police arrested him.

Now if that was me, the kid would no longer live under my roof.

I distinctly remember my dad telling me not to make him take his belt off. I did one time and one time only. My dad was a Pennsylvania Coal miner's son and wore a thick black leather belt. I'll never forget it or the feel of it against my bare butt.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
DANG, his mother must live in north Ga. Was stopped at a traffic light beside a vehicle in the left turn lane. Light was red but the lady in the turn lane turned LEFT. Just happened to look at the tag, Cobb Cy Atl. I have taught several young people to drive, starting out in the field behind my house. But before I ever let them behind the wheel, I would drive them to the local cemetery and tell them, "This is where you wind up if you make the wrong mistake". One girl decided she wasn't ready YET.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I live 85 miles south of Atlanta and taught my daughter to drive on back roads and slowly moved into the small, then larger towns and interstate. She is a very good driver. I taught her to parallel park at the fairgrounds then took her to downtown Perry where PP is common and had her do it there before her driving test. Recently, we were in Brunswick, GA and she parallel parked downtown like it was nothing at all. If kids are taught early and correctly, they will usually be good drivers.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Doesn't hurt for them to learn on lawn tractors and work their way up, either. Long before I could legally drive a vehicle on the road, I was driving a tractor with a load all over the countryside. Helped me understand other drivers, tractors, semitrucks, etc when I began driving.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Years ago I was having lots of trouble with a family of criminals in my old neighborhood, (a story for another time) when I heard glass breaking out front.
I step out and find two boys about thirteen (not related to the aforementioned trouble) have come up into my driveway, folded down the tailgate of my truck, are sitting in my pickup bed, and have just shot out the streetlight with pellet guns. They are now trying to shoot out the front light on the house across the street.
I yell at them to get off my property, and one punk sprints away, but the second POS flips me off, tells me to F myself, proceeds to reload, and points the gun at me telling me to go back in the house "old man", or he will shoot me. (really?:rolleyes:)
I simultaneously backhand him, take the gun away, & wrap it around the streetlight pole. Kid gets up bleeding from his mouth, and says "My dad is going to kill you!"
I grab the kid by his collar and take him & what's left of the gun down the street to his father. When Dad comes to the door, he listens to the kid screaming I hit him, and then says "Well, you got any explanation for hitting my kid?"
I explain, then Dad turns to his kid and asks "Is this true?" Kid eventually admits to everything. (here it comes :D)
Dad hauls off and backhands the kid harder than I did, further bloodying his mouth.
Dad apologizes, saying his kid fell in with this family of criminal subhuman garbage and has been un-manageable since. They were getting ready to move from the neighborhood just to get his kids away from the criminals, seeing as the cops would do nothing about the scum family. We shook hands and parted friends.
That 2nd backhand was one of the most rewarding moments of my life.:)

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Years ago I was having lots of trouble with a family of criminals in my old neighborhood, (a story for another time) when I heard glass breaking out front.
I step out and find two boys about thirteen (not related to the aforementioned trouble) have come up into my driveway, folded down the tailgate of my truck, are sitting in my pickup bed, and have just shot out the streetlight with pellet guns. They are now trying to shoot out the front light on the house across the street.
I yell at them to get off my property, and one punk sprints away, but the second POS flips me off, tells me to F myself, proceeds to reload, and points the gun at me telling me to go back in the house "old man", or he will shoot me. (really?:rolleyes:)
I simultaneously backhand him, take the gun away, & wrap it around the streetlight pole. Kid gets up bleeding from his mouth, and says "My dad is going to kill you!"
I grab the kid by his collar and take him & what's left of the gun down the street to his father. When Dad comes to the door, he listens to the kid screaming I hit him, and then says "Well, you got any explanation for hitting my kid?"
I explain, then Dad turns to his kid and asks "Is this true?" Kid eventually admits to everything. (here it comes :D)
Dad hauls off and backhands the kid harder than I did, further bloodying his mouth.
Dad apologizes, saying his kid fell in with this family of criminal subhuman garbage and has been un-manageable since. They were getting ready to move from the neighborhood just to get his kids away from the criminals, seeing as the cops would do nothing about the scum family. We shook hands and parted friends.
That 2nd backhand was one of the most rewarding moments of my life.:)
Parenting done right. We live in a rural area to distance our family from the criminal riffraff and the gang culture everywhere these days. Also scrimp and save to pay tuition for a private school instead of public school to further distance them. And let me be clear: this isn't classist or elitist. My kids aren't going to some fancy pants private prep school or whatever - its basic education by an institution that recognizes my right to parent and doesn't feel the need to take over that aspect and indoctrinate my kids with the latest "progressive" BS.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
..... But before I ever let them behind the wheel, I would drive them to the local cemetery and tell them, "This is where you wind up if you make the wrong mistake". One girl decided she wasn't ready YET.
^^^ I like thhat!!!!! ^^^
Dam, sorrry about thee spellling. The roadss around here are terrrible,, bouncing me arouund pretty goood.
Drive Safee!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Driving lessons?

Here's my driving lessons.

I drive junk cars, I mean cheap, falling apart junk. No payments.

You pull out in front of me, I'll try to avoid hitting you but I won't go too far out of my way to try to avoid it. There's your lesson.

Had a lady FOLLOW me home the other day, I pull up the neighbor's driveway, get out, and she proceeds to open the window and cuss me out something bad. Kids these days can't say two words without inserting some kind of expletive between them. Well I let her vent and the last thing I said to her was "do I look like I care if you hit my car?? I think she got the point. Yes I used the neighbors' driveway. She don't need to know I live about a half mile away or thereabouts. I don't trust people. She was just mouthy and having a case of road rage cause I didn't slow down & give her enough room for her to run the red light Like it was my fault or something....crazy people. I hope she called me in. Dash cam comes in handy sometimes.

jackfrank

Jun 23, 2019
USA
Hey Captain, at first I face problem to take right turn continuously two months. But now, I am OK. My friends laugh at me when I don't take the right corner.
Thanks

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Hey Captain, at first I face problem to take right turn continuously two months. But now, I am OK. My friends laugh at me when I don't take the right corner.
Thanks
No problem. I saw the kid this weekend at the same intersection. This time he stopped. It's hard not to see and recognize that canary yellow Camaro.