Third function valve HELP

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
I have a new 2019 MX5800. I have the rear hydraulic top link from Kubota. I want to add the third function valve kit from landpride #380-166A my rear top link hoses are in the ports where the TFV will hook up I think. I need to know if anyone else runs both of these hydraulic systems like this. Maybe they sell a adapter kit to hook up both of them. I will be buying the kits and installing it myself. Thanks for any help or info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptorfan85

Equipment
L2501, woodland mills wc46 chipper, 60" bolens finish mower, old cordwood saw
May 4, 2019
Richmond NH
The third function valve should use the power beyond Port off of your loader valve, not the rear remote ports. You'll have to go from the power beyond Port on the loader valve to the third function valve then back into the hydraulic block under the floor board.

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
The third function valve should use the power beyond Port off of your loader valve, not the rear remote ports. You'll have to go from the power beyond Port on the loader valve to the third function valve then back into the hydraulic block under the floor board.

My rear top link is hooked to my power beyond port. Where will my rear top link hook? Do they make a splitter to hook them both into?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Tell you what I did... I need the 3rd function to operate the power angle on my snowplow. Both of my tractors have 3 remote valves (and I use them all) so what I did was run a set of hydraulic lines along the loader lines and fabbed up a 3rd function mount on the loader. I ran the lines with the FEL lines to another set of Pioneer quick disconnects next to the loader QD's (so I can remove the loader. Then I ran a set of hydraulic lines back to the remotes and terminated them with Pioneer males. When I need the 3rd function for the plow I plug them into one of the remotes and use the remote lever to angle the plow. When not in use I cap the males and let them sit on the top of the transmission. Works like a charm and keeps my remotes open for my implements.

raptorfan85

Equipment
L2501, woodland mills wc46 chipper, 60" bolens finish mower, old cordwood saw
May 4, 2019
Richmond NH
My rear top link is hooked to my power beyond port. Where will my rear top link hook? Do they make a splitter to hook them both into?

Here is the instructions for that valve.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw37aQxqgJMwlpsGP8yTnWUO

So whatever hose you disconnect from the power beyond Port on the loader valve you would connect to the output of the third function valve, thus continuing the loop. So if your top link is connected to the power beyond Port now, disconnect that. Hook the third function to the power beyond Port. Then hook your top link to the output of the third function valve. The way sidecar said will work also.

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Here is the instructions for that valve.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw37aQxqgJMwlpsGP8yTnWUO

So whatever hose you disconnect from the power beyond Port on the loader valve you would connect to the output of the third function valve, thus continuing the loop. So if your top link is connected to the power beyond Port now, disconnect that. Hook the third function to the power beyond Port. Then hook your top link to the output of the third function valve. The way sidecar said will work also.

I’m trying to follow both of y’all lol. I do not have the TFV yet so I’m still a little confused without looking. But it sure helps me out. I just want it hooked up rite so everything works as it should with my rear hydraulic top link and the new TFV. Thanks for both responses

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Real simple, disconnect the rear remote PB line off the loader valve, connect the PB off the loader valve to the in of the TFV and then reconnect the rear remote to the out of the TFV. ;)

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
TFV should he here tomorrow. But fedex runs late in the day here. Hope to have everything installed in a day or 2 and post back [emoji106]

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Kit came in about 7:30. Got it put on last nite. The rear hydraulic top link works great as it always did. Thanks to the help I got from this forum from members it was a very easy install. Ordered a root grapple rake from Titans. They are located here in Mississippi. Should be here next week and I will try out my new third valve kit. Here are a few pictures

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Update order grapple today from Titans got a call from trucking company and it will be at my house tomorrow around noon. [emoji106]

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Let me give you a hint... You will rub the paint off your hood in short order with those hoses where they are. I ran my hoses with the hard lines for the loader. Keeps them off the hood and away from the orange paint.

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Let me give you a hint... You will rub the paint off your hood in short order with those hoses where they are. I ran my hoses with the hard lines for the loader. Keeps them off the hood and away from the orange paint.

Look how my hoses are routed they do not touch any paint at any time. But thanks for the info [emoji106]

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Update on my titan grapple. Truck made it to my house and the grapple was green lol. Had the JD green paint and the mounting was for a JD not a Kubota. They are shipping me another one Monday.