BX2200 New Guy Questions

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
You'll need bx2200 owners to advise on chain interference without spacers, and mower interference with spacers. That said, a wider stance is better for stability.
Many, including myself, run with fluid filled rears. It will make loader work safer by keeping weight on the rear axle, but does nothing to relieve the potentially high weight on the front axle. 3 pt ballast is best for loader work, as the weight behind the rear axle makes the rear axle a fulcrum removing some weight from the front axle while keeping the rear firmly planted.
I have the equivalent of windshield washer fluid in my rears. There are products that are heavier per gallon (like RimGaurd) but it's more expensive. Don't use plain water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Once again, thank you all for the replies!

Now, with regards to tires: my BX2200 came with turf tires, which is good because mowing will be one of it's most regular duties. I have the 54" Kubota MMM, and I've heard/read about wheel spacers and their corresponding increase in stability. Since I do have a bunch of grades/slight side slopes on my property, are wheel spacers a smart upgrade? What size? Where is the best place to buy? Or are they not a good idea for whatever reason ....? I thought I remember reading there's a max size before they'd interfere with the mower, which makes obvious sense. I plan to obtain tire chains for winter use, is there anything I need to know about the relationship between spacers, chains, and tractor?

Follow up question, at the risk of exposing myself and possibly falling victim to a running forum joke or something.... Fill me in on putting fluids in the tires? Is that a thing? Like I said before, it gets cold where I live. Is there a freezing consideration? Does this actually help balance out the FEL?

Thanks guys!!!
OK, here are some answers. Regarding spacers, I have run them on my B-series and my L-series tractors. I operate on pretty serious slopes and value my safety, so I buy them. In many cases, running chains requires a little more clearance between the tires and inner fender area, so there is that. I buy from a company out of Canada called Bro-Tek. Very high quality, fair prices, pleasant service. I have a set on order right now, actually. Now the mower can be an issue...2" would be the max I would go but frankly that might be too much on a 54" mower. I had a 60" MMM on my B2920 and 2" spacers could just cause the tires to rub when the deck moved while turning.

As far as loading the rear tires, it is no joke, but rather a common practice. Loading the tires adds a little stability and gives you more overall weight and traction. Because of freezing, you won't load them with something that can readily freeze like water. Calcium Chloride and water slurry used to be the go--to because it was cheap and heavier than straight water and won't freeze. However, it tended to rust the rims from the inside out. If you run tubes, it is still OK. But nowadays, most load in Rim Guard (beet juice slurry) or Ballast Star (citrus mix) which are also heavier than water and won't freeze and won't corrode (but is more expensive). You BX doesn't have large tires, so it won't add a lot of weight but might still be useful.

Hope that helps

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I foam filled the tires on my BX2200 years ago. Front and rear both. That plus the weight of the mower hanging low gives me all the stability I could desire.

Foam fills the tires 100 percent and may be the heaviest option. I know they are extremely heavy after filling.

Side slopes require me to hang on if I am not using the seat belt. The tractor is VERY stable on slopes. I can't imagine needing wheel spacers on my BX2200 as it is set up now...

You could probably get your tires foam filled for the price of spacers, and perhaps end up with a more stable tractor to boot, don't know.

Do know that spacers on my bx are not a concern or need.

Now my B2910 is another story. Will probably be ordering spacers for the B2910 soon. But doubt it will ever be as stable on side slopes as my BX2200, no matter what I do to it.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Eh...my B2920 was very stable on slopes that required you to brace yourself against the ROPs even while seat belted.

Attachments

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Is it normal for the 3pt hitch and mower deck to drop from a raised position when not in use, like sitting overnight? Is that indicative of a hydraulic fluid leak, and I'm going to assume it might be best practice to lower the 3pt/deck before storing the tractor?

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Is it normal for the 3pt hitch and mower deck to drop from a raised position when not in use, like sitting overnight? Is that indicative of a hydraulic fluid leak, and I'm going to assume it might be best practice to lower the 3pt/deck before storing the tractor?
Hydraulic leakdown is normal. But yeah, best to have any hydraulic implement set down on the ground (bucket / hoe / mower, etc) when you park it for the night.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
It's normal for a hydraulically controlled deck to lower over a period of time. Loaders, decks, etc should be lowered to a no energy state when parked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Thanks guys! I'll start lowering it anyway. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't ignoring signs of a problem.

I've received my complete filter set, and am about to undertake a full on fluids/filter change since I've got no idea when it was last done.