Drive Train warranty,,, we pay 25%??

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So really what is this stealers name,, I mean really a foram like gets more word out about bad dealers than you would believe,, and the good dealers They get noticed too,, and believe it or not the big "K" watches and reads this and other tractor boards. And yeah your dealer was trying to double dip on warranty work. HD dealers do that all the time

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
So really what is this stealers name,, I mean really a foram like gets more word out about bad dealers than you would believe,, and the good dealers They get noticed too,, and believe it or not the big "K" watches and reads this and other tractor boards. And yeah your dealer was trying to double dip on warranty work. HD dealers do that all the time

I sent you a PM Skeets.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I agree 100%.

This makes me thankful for my dealer. The only thing I have to worry about is paying for transportation to the dealer with warranty work since I don’t have anything big enough to haul my L. I thought it was a bit shady, but oh well. If it was a car, I’d just drive it to the dealer and not worry about the gas/ time.

I say bill Kubota for all my expense, but it is what it is.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

That is because potato bikes are in a constant state of break down.....:eek:

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
That is because potato bikes are in a constant state of break down.....:eek:
And I suppose you know all about them mister know it all.
I have thousands of trouble free miles on several Harleys. Can you even hold one up..?

Michigankubota

Equipment
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I agree 100%.

This makes me thankful for my dealer. The only thing I have to worry about is paying for transportation to the dealer with warranty work since I don***8217;t have anything big enough to haul my L. I thought it was a bit shady, but oh well. If it was a car, I***8217;d just drive it to the dealer and not worry about the gas/ time.

I say bill Kubota for all my expense, but it is what it is.
It does state in the warranty language we are responsible for delivery and pick up.
I am glad I have another dealer (Quality Equipment) about the same distance from me that is eager to do business.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I agree, there never should have been any charge for anything covered under warranty.
That being said....
Shop supplies is just another mechanism used these days to milk the customer. Hourly rate covers the full cost of the service write, shop manager, shop rent, electric and supplies.

Just like paying a 'doc fee' when buying a new car. Just a deplorable scam. All intended to enable padding the bill.
So.... what you're saying is; nuts, bolts, brakleen, roloc discs, oxygen, acetylene, C25, welding wire, plasma consumables, gum cutter, sealants, saw blades, grinding wheels, power brushes, drill bits, and all other small items used in an industrial setting.... are obtainable somewhere for free? And the customer shouldn't be paying for them? Please send me a truckload!

In the post about the motorcycle fork rebuild... how many cans of brakleen do you think weren't used cleaning out the cooked teflon crud in the bottom of those tubes? Have you ever seen it?

Auto repair industry standard is, parts markup keeps the doors open... utilities, insurance, taxes, equipment, etc. Hourly rate covers salaries, benefits, and profit. That's how the mass merchandisers calculate it.

And when is the last time you got any DMV service for free?

Scams? I don't work to break even...... Do you?

I must be missing something here.............

Last edited:

Michigankubota

Equipment
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I agree, there never should have been any charge for anything covered under warranty.
That being said....

So.... what you're saying is; nuts, bolts, brakleen, roloc discs, oxygen, acetylene, C25, welding wire, plasma consumables, gum cutter, sealants, saw blades, grinding wheels, power brushes, drill bits, and all other small items used in an industrial setting.... are obtainable somewhere for free? And the customer shouldn't be paying for them? Please send me a truckload!

In the post about the motorcycle fork rebuild... how many cans of brakleen do you think weren't used cleaning out the cooked teflon crud in the bottom of those tubes? Have you ever seen it?

Auto repair industry standard is, parts markup keeps the doors open... utilities, insurance, taxes, equipment, etc. Hourly rate covers salaries, benefits, and profit. That's how the mass merchandisers calculate it.

And when is the last time you got any DMV service for free?

Scams? I don't work to break even...... Do you?

I must be missing something here.............

I can agree with paying for shop supply’s. But not what the dealer was trying to sell me, He wanted the difference from what Kubota paid at the flat rate and I was picking up the rest. Which he clearly told me 25%. And denied it when Kubota care called him.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
So.... what you're saying is; nuts, bolts, brakleen, roloc discs, oxygen, acetylene, C25, welding wire, plasma consumables, gum cutter, sealants, saw blades, grinding wheels, power brushes, drill bits, and all other small items used in an industrial setting.... are obtainable somewhere for free?
Nuts and bolts are parts, and should be billed accordingly. Undifferentiated consumables should be included with all the other general overhead of running a business. How does your dentist pay for paper cups and electricity? How does your grocery store pay for shopping carts and mops?

Adding 5% or 10% to the advertised rate and calling it a "shop supplies fee" is a misleading and deceptive practice. It's like a restaurant advertising $7.50 for lunch, then adding another $1 to the final bill for use of the plate.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
It does state in the warranty language we are responsible for delivery and pick up.
I am glad I have another dealer (Quality Equipment) about the same distance from me that is eager to do business.
Makes sense. I didn’t know this, but then again I haven’t read the warranty info that close either.

Obviously the inconvenience didn’t scare me away from the purchase. Lol.

Pau7220

Equipment
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I can agree with paying for shop supply***8217;s. But not what the dealer was trying to sell me, He wanted the difference from what Kubota paid at the flat rate and I was picking up the rest. Which he clearly told me 25%. And denied it when Kubota care called him.
As I said in my first sentence ....

"I agree, there never should have been any charge for anything covered under warranty"

I'll even go a step further and say not shop supplies on covered warranty work (which is actually what I was including in my first sentence).

Pickup and delivery, yes.

The nerve was struck when individuals start making accusations about legitimate items I charge for every day. And no.... not on every invoice, only when those items are actually used or consumed.

Last edited:

Pau7220

Equipment
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Nuts and bolts are parts, and should be billed accordingly. Undifferentiated consumables should be included with all the other general overhead of running a business. How does your dentist pay for paper cups and electricity? How does your grocery store pay for shopping carts and mops?

Adding 5% or 10% to the advertised rate and calling it a "shop supplies fee" is a misleading and deceptive practice. It's like a restaurant advertising $7.50 for lunch, then adding another $1 to the final bill for use of the plate.
Nut or bolt in a bag from a dealer is a part.
A handful of 3/8" bolts, nuts, flats, and locks to hang an exhaust system are shop supplies.

Dentist pays $125 for a crown from a lab. You walk out with a $1000 bill. $875 for the hour to install it. Different world. I shudda been a dentist.

I've never walked away with a shopping cart from a grocery store, nor have I left it unusable or depleted.

Hmmmm, same comment on the plate in the restaurant.

I don't have any advertised prices, I don't use percentages, and I don't mislead or scam anyone. An estimate is quoted, and the customer is given a choice to make a purchase or not. Case closed.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
And I suppose you know all about them mister know it all.
I have thousands of trouble free miles on several Harleys. Can you even hold one up..?

Not withstanding I own 4 bikes and one is a 3 cylinder 2300cc Triumph dresser and it weighs over 700 pounds wet. Don't want to hold a potato bike up in the first place. 2 Triumphs, a Norton and a Kawasaki btw.

Hardleys like to mark their parking spot (with an oil stain)...lol

Never been fond of Hardleys though I did own a 45 flat head trike when I was younger. Hardley has a fantastic marketing program today, touting the 'Made in America' bikes, when in reality, the bulk of the parts are made offshore. They even have an assembly plant in Taiwan.

I guess it's not what you ride, it's that you ride but friends don't like to see friends riding loud, obnoxious potato bikes.:)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Not withstanding I own 4 bikes and one is a 3 cylinder 2300cc Triumph dresser and it weighs over 700 pounds wet. Don't want to hold a potato bike up in the first place. 2 Triumphs, a Norton and a Kawasaki btw.

Hardleys like to mark their parking spot (with an oil stain)...lol

Never been fond of Hardleys though I did own a 45 flat head trike when I was younger. Hardley has a fantastic marketing program today, touting the 'Made in America' bikes, when in reality, the bulk of the parts are made offshore. They even have an assembly plant in Taiwan.

I guess it's not what you ride, it's that you ride but friends don't like to see friends riding loud, obnoxious potato bikes.:)
And this pertains to the OP’s Kubota warranty problems HOW?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
And the "Shop Supplies" is TOTAL HORSEMANURE! IMO

That is merely a SCAM adding a percentage of profit they don't account for.

I NEVER PAY "SHOP SUPPLIES" . I simply REFUSE. They ALWAYS remove it.

I always ask them if they pay the restaurant for napkins, salt/pepper and ketchup.

It's the COST OF DOING BUSINESS and their use of hand soap, WD40, paper towels, grease, Toilet-Paper, etc. is THEIR responsibility as TOOLS OF THE TRADE!

Otherwise they'd better improve their accounting system and DETAIL to me EXACTLY how many ounces of soap, WD40, and sheets of paper towels they used on MY job... versus how many they used on OTHER jobs.

They ALWAYS take it back off the invoice. Always. When people pay that without objection it only reinforces the SCAM. STAND UP AGAINST THAT SORT OF CRAP.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Don't use WD40. It stinks. 1/3 ATF and 2/3rds acetone is a much better rust solvent.

My dealer's labor rate is 80 bucks an hour, I think that is very reasonable. Most shops around here are at 100-125 bucks an hour.