L1500 Project Resurrection

C4pt4inMatt

Dec 28, 2018
Biloxi, MS
Need a little help. Got it fired up and it has oil spitting out of the tube that's on the rear of the injection pump. Normally it has a hose hooked to it that just daylights by the oil pan. What is that tube and it was a considerable amount so I'm guessing there's something there I need to fix. Any ideas where to begin?

Attachments

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Mine does have the tube attached,
it 'sputters' a bit of oil, mostly gasses.
What is a 'considerable amount' to you?
If you had a bowl under the tube would it fill it
or just splatter it?

The latter is normal.

Capture.PNG

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That is crankcase ventilation. The rings are worn and there is enough blow by to pressurize the crankcase slightly and force oil mist out the breather

Reactions: 1 user

Diesel N8

Equipment
Kubota L175, Bush Hog.
Dec 27, 2016
Lincoln, California
Sorry it's been a while since I've updated everyone on this but I've made good progress.

I've replaced the gear cover and water conver along with blasted everything and painted the chassis. I've installed a new (used) radiator and am waiting on new hoses and an alternator to arrive this week. As soon as I get those I plan on firing it up for the second time since I've owned it.

View attachment 48303 View attachment 48304 View attachment 48305 View attachment 48306 View attachment 48307 View attachment 48308

Coming up I need to rewire most everything and paint the body pieces. I was also able to score some used rear turf tires on rims. I still need to figure out fronts.

On that note does anyone know if there are any common wheel hubs like from a trailer that for the L1500 spindles to get away from the 4.5"x4 spindles on there now? I'd like to get it to the more common 4"x4 spindles if I could as it gives me more wheel options at more reasonable prices.

Thanks for checking back!
I might need your number in the future hahaha! It looks good.