Model specific threads?

EverUpward

Equipment
MX5200
Aug 5, 2018
Southern Tier of NY State
Ever thoughtnof making sticky threads for specific models? For exmaple a thread just for M series so people could easily find things pertinent to their particular model of tractor?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ever thoughtnof making sticky threads for specific models? For exmaple a thread just for M series so people could easily find things pertinent to their particular model of tractor?
This is been asked before....and even though it would segment people into groups specific, the majority of questions here pertain to questions about the "orange" machines in general. Most of us read almost all new posts to see if that post fits into a knowledge base - if not, it is still read and somewhere placed into those little brain cells to be used later.

It is amazing what I know (or dont know) about all the machines I have never operated or seen!:D Just from reading posts on larger L's and M's

Using the search bar at the top will get you close to what you seek as long as you and more than a couple of letters!;)

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Using google to fine tune your searches can be helpful in certain situations.

plug this into google search, but use your model and specific issue

site:www.orangetractortalks.com B2650 oil change

I can see the sense of it, greentractortalks has a breakdown of the sizes to organize the threads, but I don't think that it's any more advantageous than what orangetractortalks has to offer. You still need to scour through the pages to find what you want. A search is more effective imho. 85Hokie makes a good point, learning the nuances about other tractor types may apply to your situation one way or the other. It's a good way to put things in perspective.

6 of one, a half dozen of the other.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A big disadvantage of model specific threads is if you happen to own a tractor that is less popular there may not be many folks who look at that thread. Therefore your answers may be a long time coming!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
A big disadvantage of model specific threads is if you happen to own a tractor that is less popular there may not be many folks who look at that thread. Therefore your answers may be a long time coming!
So what are you saying? That "inappropriate, non-pertinent" answers are better than none?

I vote for keeping the present threads... but ADD individual Model threads ALSO. I have no idea or care what a "B" or "BX" is... if I'm looking for a specific answer applicable to MY model.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I'd support "model class" threads (ie: 1st generation B / L / M, 2nd generation, etc). There are many similarities in the first generation L series, so why break it up...

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So what are you saying? That "inappropriate, non-pertinent" answers are better than none?

I vote for keeping the present threads... but ADD individual Model threads ALSO. I have no idea or care what a "B" or "BX" is... if I'm looking for a specific answer applicable to MY model.
I think what others are saying.....

Most questions on this site are general in nature.......

fuel issues
tire sizes issues
tire types
injector bleeding
charging - maintaining battery
electrical issues
etc....

As you say "I have no idea or care what a "B" or "BX" is" - I feel the same way when someone mentions a M series.....but at the same time, It is ALWAYS good to understand what THAT owner is asking for and seeing what someone else posts, because you never know how it will apply down the road.

for example - a M series user has a issue with a discharging battery - that SPECIFIC M class might have a certain issue, then again - the key switch might be bad (as with all other series)

If the site had posts broken into specific groups - those of us may or may NOT look at those posts due to the heading of the post and where it is posted.

I do understand the reason why however - I am a member of several gun blogs, and it is nice to jump right in on the specific gun and specific problem.

Tractors are somewhat different however.

The search bar works well too.

Sideswipe

Equipment
GT-21
Jan 24, 2019
Vaassen, Netherlands (Europe)
I think what others are saying.....

Most questions on this site are general in nature.......

for example - a M series user has a issue with a discharging battery - that SPECIFIC M class might have a certain issue, then again - the key switch might be bad (as with all other series)

If the site had posts broken into specific groups - those of us may or may NOT look at those posts due to the heading of the post and where it is posted.

I do understand the reason why however - I am a member of several gun blogs, and it is nice to jump right in on the specific gun and specific problem.

Tractors are somewhat different however.

The search bar works well too.
I'm a member in a couple of motorcycle forums and it's very convenient that it's broken down in model's (and sometimes even broken down in genereations) because of their specific problems or maintenance.

Tractors are maybe built more generic?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm a member in a couple of motorcycle forums and it's very convenient that it's broken down in model's (and sometimes even broken down in genereations) because of their specific problems or maintenance.

Tractors are maybe built more generic?
I wouldn't say generic, I would say similar designs.

Most Kubota's share the same designs and issues across all series of tractors.

While very few have seen a GL like yours, I could pretty much be able to tell you how it all is setup and how it works just off of a few details because Kubota didn't vari a whole lot between series.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
When ever I log on I hit the Todays post button to see whats new (as opposed going into each section). I look at the posts of interest and, if needed, search for specifics.

Many of the posts I do read have nothing to do with the BX I drive and I learn a lot in the process.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Least they are all orange, or in my case faded to Mary Kay pink.:eek: