Well I think it's time.

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
I gave my 2 weeks notice today, 39 years doing the same thing for the same company. The same Department, seen a lot of them come and go,trained a lot of people to set up and run a press brake, been a department leader for 35 years, And when they say s*** flows downhill, believe it

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Congrats! You lasted longer than I did- I bailed at 36yrs, 12days.
In my case, had to go before they eliminated my pension.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
11 more years and I hope to follow in your footsteps. Congrates and enjoy the retirement.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I'm going next year and the wife probably a year after that and we're both looking forward to spending more time with our granddaughter and doing things we want to instead of things we have to. :) Happy retirement brother enjoy.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I'll be 70 in a few weeks. I've been blessed with good health and have been with my current employer since 1973. The job is enjoyable, and has perks I'd sorely miss. Not sure when I'll eventually pull the plug. I did cut back to 4 days / week when I turned 68.

Reactions: 1 user

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
congrats on calling it over!

anyone who has worked most of their life away deserves to be able to get out.

enjoy it as much as you can!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And now you begin the life of,, well you are retired how about doing XYZ cause you dont have anything else to do,,,right? Say no and enjoy your time you earned it

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I retired unexpectedly seven years ago. What a blessing that was. Good friend of mine had to retire two weeks ago. Talked to him today and he wonders how he waited so long.

Just remember, no one knows how many heartbeats we have left. I decided I would not waste any of mine doing things for other people who would never appreciate my help. I am very careful who I spend any on.

Congratulations and welcome to the good part.

:)

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
Thank you everyone I'm sure it's going to be a change.. I have about 3 years wages saved up so that'll be great blessing, signing up for Social Security in April I'll be 64. I'll have to pay about $405 a month health insurance for 18 months so I have the money for that, they offered me three days a week maybe later on I will take them up on it if I get bored but I don't think that's going to happen

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Sore subject with me.

I have no time for anything outside work. Been working 27 years full time, 29 total (2 part time through school). Same place. Same work area, same thing every day. I'm tired of it. I wish I could retire right now! As a tech working in a tiny shop day in and day out, with very little in the way of lifting devices, my back hurts continually (and I mean continually...hard to even sleep anymore), doc wants to cut, other doc says don't let them cut it might make it worse, so I don't know what to do. All I know is that I ain't got no time and every part of my body hurts.

The chemicals used in tech work, lack of lifting, lay on the floors to do a lot of stuff (as opposed to lifting it), changing mower belts with no lift for 20+ years, etc etc....takes it's toll. For anyone interested in doing tech work, don't. Find something else to do.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Curly, I wish you the best. You should count your self lucky that you were employed by the same employer for so long through the ups and downs of the economy. I have friends I'm jealous of because they've been employed by same employers through out their entire career and its enabled them to retire.

Chim, do you do four 10 hour days now where you are or just a 32 hour week and still receive same rate of pay? If its the latter, you're extremely lucky. Most employers in this day and age wouldn't allow it.

I'm happy for both of ya.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Congrats Curly, and the same to other recent or about to be retirees!! Curly, we share similar work experiences. I graduated from a 2 yr. trade school at age 20 and spent the next 42 yrs. working at the same place. It was a good run but after the events of 9-11 and the changes in cyber security, rolling passwords, documentation and paper work to no end we could hardly get any work done anymore. New changes in management style didn't help things either. One day I decided that was enough, took some vacation and then turned in a two week notice with no real plans as to what to do afterwards. Was a little worried after hearing the door slam shut behind me but 2 miles down the road I thought....Whoopee!!…..and have never looked back nor regretted it for an instant. That was 4 yrs. ago already. (Had to look at some records to figure out how long it had actually been). :D There's no problem finding something to do whenever you'd like. And if one starts to feel too ambitious, just sit down in an easy chair and the feeling will soon go away! :D Everyone says you'll have mixed emotions when you retire. They were right! In my case it was pure Happiness and Joy! I'm betting it will be the same for you!! Enjoy!!