l3650 GST Transmission

nelty

Jun 19, 2019
Conneautville Pa.
A friend had sold this tractor and got it back after 2 weeks broke, took it to a dealer and was there all winter, never fixed, said couldn't get parts. Asked me if I would look at it like a dummy said yes. Got it home and checked it out, everything works fine except reverser is stuck in forward and stalls the tractor out in 4th and 8th gear and does nothing in the other 6. I pulled the side of the tranny off and the fork and gear had been pushed off the back of the [I believe bearing] and the spring or clips would not let it back on. I called on another dealer about parts and they thought they could get parts for about 800 dollars then give me a # for a man that buys problem tractors from them and sells for parts. Tractor only has 1200 hours on it , are these trans that big a pain to fix. Biggest pain I see is taking the front loader, backhoe, cab and splitting it to get at everything. Are parts that expensive and hard to get for these tractors? Thanks in advance nelty

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A friend had sold this tractor and got it back after 2 weeks broke, took it to a dealer and was there all winter, never fixed, said couldn't get parts. Asked me if I would look at it like a dummy said yes. Got it home and checked it out, everything works fine except reverser is stuck in forward and stalls the tractor out in 4th and 8th gear and does nothing in the other 6. I pulled the side of the tranny off and the fork and gear had been pushed off the back of the [I believe bearing] and the spring or clips would not let it back on. I called on another dealer about parts and they thought they could get parts for about 800 dollars then give me a # for a man that buys problem tractors from them and sells for parts. Tractor only has 1200 hours on it , are these trans that big a pain to fix. Biggest pain I see is taking the front loader, backhoe, cab and splitting it to get at everything. Are parts that expensive and hard to get for these tractors? Thanks in advance nelty
I don't think they are that hard to work on, I was able to buy all the parts to fix mine.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12075&highlight=back+school