What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Loaded up and went to my In-laws to brush hog.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Showed her some love (new fuel components) and gave her a ride around the block and back. Good to have her back in the land of the living.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Dropped the loader off, mowed my lawn and the neighbor’s lawn. Afterward, I put the loader on, fueled up and put it away in my tractor garage.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Worked on our driveway a little, then got totally soaked trying to get the L3901DT back to the shed when it started to rain. It started as a couple drops here and there, then it just opened up.

This is the first time since 1-Jun that it has been dry enough to even get the tractor out. They are calling for rain for all of this coming week. I think about 3" with what we got today. I feel for anyone that is close to any rivers or creeks.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Worked on our driveway a little, then got totally soaked trying to get the L3901DT back to the shed when it started to rain. It started as a couple drops here and there, then it just opened up.

This is the first time since 1-Jun that it has been dry enough to even get the tractor out. They are calling for rain for all of this coming week. I think about 3" with what we got today. I feel for anyone that is close to any rivers or creeks.
Same here on the rain, but so far it's nice and sunny. So once I get home from breakfast, it's gonna be hammer down to get the yard mowed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Monsoon here, getting used to it. Glad it's not snow, we'd be buried to the roof..

Pulled the right outboard planetary yesterday, I was expecting it to be much harder than it actually was but it took 2 of us the get the casting off the center section. Weighs about 100 pounds give or take. Puled the half shaft out, popped out the old seal (seal was leaking center section lube into the planetary), set the new seal with the appropriate seal driver, put a smear of 3 bond on the casting face and buttoned it back up, all of about 15 minutes work. Filled the center section back up with 80-90 and the planetary as well. Waiting for new tie rod ends to come in, both have freeplay in them and the inner boot (tie rod to steering cylinder is torn so it has to be replaced and the joint cleaned and repacked with grease. All in a days work. Tractor is just about complete now, just need to sand and paint the front wheels.

Then I need to change the oil and filter on the other M9 and clean the fuel separator and everything will be hunky-dory on the farm. If it ever dries out enough to cut hay which is through the roof here. How about 10 bucks a small square of first cut grass mixed and 50 bucks a 4x4 round, if you can get it which is basically impossible right now. I've already sold all I can make, when I can make it.

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
Mowed with my rear finish mower for the first time. Will take some getting used to. Didn't take off the loader cause I was short on time to get mowing done. Happy so far.

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Mowed with my rear finish mower for the first time. Will take some getting used to. Didn't take off the loader cause I was short on time to get mowing done. Happy so far.
Very nice setup. What size is that finish mower?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I usually just remove the bucket. The bucket sticking out there presents an object that makes it difficult to get around objects with.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Parked Brutus in his new home this weekend. Plenty of room to move him off to one side or the other, and 5'9" left lengthwise. Should be enough room for implements, spares, oils & fuel, and some other crap. (er, I mean useful stuff)
Now to get to work on the implement rack.

Attachments

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I finally got some hours on fathers day to play on my little BX in the yard. I dont do nearly the work most folks here do with my Kubota....for me its a luxury residential yard tool I predominately got to work through our NH winters and my long driveway as I'm getting older.

When I fist got the BX, I immediately cleared and dug up a large area of compost that was covering a section of my driveway, pushing it all into a 30' by 6' by 5 foot high berm of rotting sticks, leaves, roots etc. Most of that turned to prime compost/soil over the winter.

I moved at least 15 full buckets of this around my property on sunday. The was wet, heavy stuff that almost maxed out my little BX's lifting capability (clearly I need a ballast box, my next purchase.)

When I finished, I tried to do the mental math to calculate just how many man hours of wheelbarrow work this would have been and how sore my body would have been when I was done. With an infant and a toddler and a complete lack of free time, I KNOW that the little tractor is the only way a project like that was going to happen.

I just thought I'd offer some fun projects being done on the other end of the Kubota spectrum.

Next weekend its a bunch of yards of topsoil, mulch and gravel...again at quantities I wouldnt even consider doing by hand with my physical state and free time.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
How long is the trailer?
16ft dove tail. Before i installed the loader, the tractor fit really good with the brush hog. Now i gotta hang the wheel for the brush hog over the tongue :rolleyes: I found backing on gets the weight right in the sweet spot. :D

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
Picked up the materials for a 200hr service. This machine rolls up the hours pretty fast compared to my old machine, it's 35 years old and I've managed only 1200 in that time.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Paint'in wheels. 1 can of Rustoleum Kubota Orange per wheel 8 cans total and a couple rolls of 3" wide masking tape too. Got to make them look pretty,

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Parked Brutus in his new home this weekend. Plenty of room to move him off to one side or the other, and 5'9" left lengthwise. Should be enough room for implements, spares, oils & fuel, and some other crap. (er, I mean useful stuff)
Now to get to work on the implement rack.
Don't think my M's will fit in a container with both wheels on. I know Kubota ships them from Japan with the wheels on one side removed. I like the container idea though.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, forget the tape on the tires when painting the rims. Just smear a light coat of grease on the rubber and wipe it off when the paint is set up. Much easier than trying to get the tape right up to the rim.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, forget the tape on the tires when painting the rims. Just smear a light coat of grease on the rubber and wipe it off when the paint is set up. Much easier than trying to get the tape right up to the rim.
Actually, I'm getting pretty good at it. My tires are pretty big so getting the tape on the edge all the way around is pretty easy. Just have a lot of rims to paint, 8 total. Hopefully the Rustoleum Kubota Orange won't fade to Mary Kay pink like the OEM paint did. I have pink rims right now.:eek:

Very impressed with the color match on non faded areas. I touched up my loader and it is not detectable where the OEM paint is and the Rustoleum begins.

When they are done (before they get covered with hay chaff), I'll do some pictures..... If I ever get to cut hay that is. Staying wet here with more rain in the forecast.

Creig

Equipment
1986 B7200HST-D, 1640A FEL, MMM, B2660 front mounted blower, Sims cab
May 24, 2017
Michigan
A couple of weeks ago I managed to get in on the Rural King Talon seat deal for $47 shipped. I just got it installed on my B7200HST-D a few days ago and it was a definite increase in comfort. Rather than feeling like I was always sliding off the front, my butt now feels firmly planted in place. It fit right up to the stock pivot points from the stock seat using slightly longer bolts. The only modification I had to make was replacing the rear seat springs with two rubber bumpers. The springs simply pushed the back of the seat up too high and tilted it forward. With the two shorter bumpers in place, it's fine.

Last edited:

mstb

Equipment
B2320 TLB
Apr 4, 2015
Thunder Bay
Year 7 at my house and the landscaping project continues, it's amazing how these things just seem to drag out forever. Managed to get the paths done between the raised beds. I've still got 2 loads of topsoil and 1 load of gravel to distribute, but that's for a later date

https://youtu.be/bC0-Nx6_eFw

(Ignore the terrible video quality, I'm new to youtube :) Tractor work starts at 1:20)