Kubota or Aftermarket Attachments

rhines81

Equipment
L4060 HSTC, LA805 FEL, BH92 Backhoe and Landpride APSGR1578 Grapple
Jun 17, 2019
PA USA
Hi everyone, my 1st post here.
I am about to pull the trigger and buy a new Kubota. It's between the L3901, L3560 and the L4060. I am clearing 8 acres, putting in a large garden area, small livestock area, building a new house and a few outbuildings. Realistic goal is completion by Oct 2020.

My immediate need for the next few months is a backhoe for 100s of stumps to pull out. A field mower would also be a nice to have, but I could get by without it for this year.

The loader will be useful in general so that is a must have now item too. A PTO log splitter would really come in handy now too!

By the time I know it, Winter will be here and either a plow or blower would be handy. I won't really need that for this Winter but will for the following and ongoing.

By Spring of next year, I will need a tiller and auger/post hole digger.

Question is what should I get with the new tractor, what should I wait on and what aftermarket items should I plan to get? Should I get Trying to save some of the initial $ hurt, but want to make sure that the tractor at least has the basics needed for the future attachments. What accessories should be Kubota and which ones are indifferent to be aftermarket?

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
:DThe only non K implement I have is a pallet fork. I'm just 70 but I believe my wife would have an easier time selling if something happens to me.
Get as much equipment now as you can afford, you'll use it. I have 5+ acres and have FEL, boxblade, mower, & pallet fork. I want a disc harrow & a finish mower to round out my equipment. I might be thinking tiller as we have a hobby vineyard & small orchard but don't really garden.No need for a snowblower here. Next tractor will have a cab with AC

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If I were you, I'd forget about doing stumps with a small hoe and contract that out to someone with a real hoe like a Case Extenda-Hoe. You'll beat your hoe to death doing stumps especially if they are large.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I'm with Flip on the backhoe. I think that kubota makes sense for the FEL. The PTO splitter doesn't make sense to me. That size tractor is way more than you need for that and you don't usually save much over one with its own engine. You lose the option of using your FEL and the splitter at the same time. For the field mower I'd go lower end and used. I don't think you'll use it much after you get your place squared away. They mostly all use the same gear boxes anyway. On the tiller I'd spend a little more if you're dealing with heavy clay less if it's sandy loam. With the PHD you can probably spend a little less. You probably won't use it as much once you're squared away.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
The other thing to consider is if, should you desire, there are any financing deals that include the implements, KTAC insurance added to Kubota implements and availability and service of those implements.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Another positive for Land Pride attachments is compatibility with a Quick Hitch. Everyone complains about hooking up 3 point implements. Since you are buying new you have the ability to make sure that all implements work with the QH15 from Land Pride. To further enhance ease of hooking up 3 pt items get at least 2 rear remote hydraulics and add a TnT kit. It makes hook up much easier with far less kicking of iron.

rhines81

Equipment
Jun 17, 2019
PA USA
If I were you, I'd forget about doing stumps with a small hoe and contract that out to someone with a real hoe like a Case Extenda-Hoe. You'll beat your hoe to death doing stumps especially if they are large.
Most of the trees (~60%) are 12" or less and the the remainder are less than 24" with a few exceptions. I figure once everything is close to squared away, I could rent an excavator for a weekend to finish things up if I really need to.
It was all farmland 40-50 years ago.

rhines81

Equipment
Jun 17, 2019
PA USA
The PTO splitter doesn't make sense to me. That size tractor is way more than you need for that and you don't usually save much over one with its own engine. You lose the option of using your FEL and the splitter at the same time.
I don't want another small engine to maintain and winterize. I'd still have to hitch it up for transport. My luck I tow the thing out where I need it and it doesn't start or I forget the gas can in the garage and have to run back to get it. I don't mind if I can't use the FEL at the same time. I can only operate one thing at a time.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the forum. I have found this forum a great help.

Like yourself I'm new to this, but besides the forum I'm lucky to have a dad who grew up on the farm. We have been working on getting the property back in shape, 60 acres is shared cropped out and 20 acres are woods/buildings.

I purchased the L3560. So far, it has accomplished everything I needed it to do. I can tell you my dad on his MF 275 can pull through the brush faster than me, but I can still get through the brush.

Now that we have some of the areas open up, the mowing of these areas are quick with the L3560 and 72" rotary mower. The current area we are working on is about 5-6 acres.

I have been able to push over some of the smaller trees that were in our way. Most likely, this fall we will have the neighbor come down and remove a few trees for us with his bulldozer. The trees could be dug out, but it is just easier, quicker, and safer to have him come push them over with his dozer when we are ready.

I purchased my tractor with the loader, rotary mower, and the QH. This is going to keep me busy for a long time. The loader I can push trees out of the way and load up cut up sections and move them. I would eventually like to add three things to the tractor. A third function valve so I could purchase/use a grapple. I would also like to get a box blade to work on some of the paths we are making.

Good luck on deciding your purchase. There are lot of knowledgeable people on here that can give you some good advise from years of experience.

Attachments

Last edited:

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Stumps with a small backhoe aren't that much of a problem, unless you're just trying to brute-force tear them out. I've been pulling stumps with my BX23S for several months now without a problem; just dig around and under it and eventually it'll come out without a problem. Sure the are easier & faster methods but, work with what you've got!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk