Seat upgrade

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I’m considering a new seat after running my disk over areas damaged by feral hogs Saturday. My back is sore from the bouncing and I was deliberately going slow. I’ve got an OEM seat that came on my L3800 and I always wear my seat belt. If I got a seat that is more a captains chair style I’m thinking it would help especially when I hit a hole. Anybody got some seat suggestion I can look into?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not the seat, the suspension that needs upgrading.

Try K&M Seating or Rural King. They sell K&M products.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Not the seat, the suspension that needs upgrading.

Try K&M Seating or Rural King. They sell K&M products.
I tried to go the new suspension route on the B2410 thru Kubota and after market... I came up dry. However, I did spring (no pun intended) for a new adjustable spring suspension seat with lumbar support and arm rests... not cheap... $279 and change. The shipping was free.

With that being said this was not a straight bolt on and ride... it took some minor fabrication (a flat mounting plate that bolts directly to the tractor rear end and then drilled to accept the "new" seat studs). Pretty easy...

Best freeking money I ever spent!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I tried to go the new suspension route on the B2410 thru Kubota and after market... I came up dry. However, I did spring (no pun intended) for a new adjustable spring suspension seat with lumbar support and arm rests... not cheap... $279 and change. The shipping was free.

With that being said this was not a straight bolt on and ride... it took some minor fabrication (a flat mounting plate that bolts directly to the tractor rear end and then drilled to accept the "new" seat studs). Pretty easy...

Best freeking money I ever spent!
I canned the seat and suspension on the OS9 I bought. The suspension was worthless and the seat was vinyl and ratty. Bought a K&M suspension (from Rural King) and the seat (Patriot) that D2Cat was talking about. I had to extensively modify the mounting to mount the suspension but the eat to the mount was bolt up. Took some doing but it works well. I have air suspension in my Cab M9. It's Grammer and it's super expensive. Just the base to replace is 1200 bucks and that don't include the seat. Hard to beat air ride though.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I canned the seat and suspension on the OS9 I bought. The suspension was worthless and the seat was vinyl and ratty. Bought a K&M suspension (from Rural King) and the seat (Patriot) that D2Cat was talking about. I had to extensively modify the mounting to mount the suspension but the eat to the mount was bolt up. Took some doing but it works well. I have air suspension in my Cab M9. It's Grammer and it's super expensive. Just the base to replace is 1200 bucks and that don't include the seat. Hard to beat air ride though.
I wanted the air ride too... the unit was too big and no amount of mods would shoehorn that bad boy into the available space of the B2410. Congrats on your new ride,,,

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Right now Butch, it's a money pit. New hydraulic filters (2), new fluid (54 quarts), new fuel filter, new separator element (the old one was crushed), new air filters primary and secondary, new inner seal in the right outboard planetary, 3 pressure washings to get the crud off, 3 new wheel studs and nuts (it has cast centers so it takes special (expensive) nuts and long special studs, repainted all the tin, fenders, center tin (which required complete disassembly from the tractor), reset the PTO clutch pack lockup pressure, new floor mat, went through all the lines and controls, about 4 cans of ROPS grey and 8 cans of Rustoleum Kubota orange so far. 2 new tie rod ends (aren't in yet) and a new inner boot on the steering cylinder, the seat, suspension and the canopy. I think I got a good deal at 18 grand with a loader too. Put another 1500 in it so far and it hasn't even farmed yet. But it will if it ever dries out here.

The Rustoleum Kubota Orange is a dead nuts match for Orange II.

Just painting the wheels now. Takes 1 can of Rustoleum per wheel, but then I have big wheels. The rears are as tall as I am.

Basically, I have 2 identical tractors now. two years apart in build. One with a cab and every option and one open station with the standard 8 speed. Both are hydraulic shuttles (I don't like a dry clutch, I prefer no clutch). Both have 3 sets of remotes and both are Cat 2.

I still have to have the hood fixed on the open station tractor. Previous owner rolled something out of the bucket and it landed on the hood. That will be a wintertime deal at the local body shop. A new 'bonnet' (just the upper section, it's a 3 piece hood) is 770 bucks at Coleman.

My cab tractor has 1800 hours on it and the other has 3500 hours on it.

When I have it done, I'll 'pose' them both so everyone can see them. Lots of work.