Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Bearbait, sorry to hear the sad news. Be at peace knowing you did everything possible during your pals entire lifetime. That's an honor.

Thinking about what Skeets said, I would never let the passing of a pet stop me from finding another one.

Every one we've ever had are what I call "throw aways". People dumped them out, or let them run all over the country side and we'd offer to take them if they didn't want them. There's always more out there needing the same attention as the one that just left us.

Pets are great for our personalities. Forces us to be responsible, think in a timely fashion, forces us to communicate, teaches us about life and habits, bring joy with out medicine! What else does that?
Thanks D2Cat, I know your right however I can't even think about getting another one right now. My other little buddy is trying hard to comfort us, pets really are amazing.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Deepest sympathies. The harder the transition, the more love there was. When we lost Einstein, (below) we thought never again, but we have now had two more fur babies since. Took a long time, but we just can't live without the love of a dog.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bear - - please accept our deepest sympathies..

We've all been there, and know how much it hurts.

When we lost our last Boxer, I wasn't ready for another right away.

In hindsight, I just can't see not getting another pet to replace the lost one.

Take care, my friend.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My idea is the next pet does not replace the previous one, it simply adds to the good I can do for the animals that others don't take the responsibility to handle. The benefit is, I get the joy and peace of their presence.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My idea is the next pet does not replace the previous one, it simply adds to the good I can do for the animals that others don't take the responsibility to handle. The benefit is, I get the joy and peace of their presence.
True, 'Cat. "Replace" was a poor word choice on my part. All pets are their own beings with their own personalities. Honestly, they can't be replaced.

Your explanation is much better, and is more in-line with our sentiments here as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks to all of you for caring and trying to help. Right now I just need more time and hopefully this horrible pain will fade soon. Although I can't imagine a house without a dog to care for me but for now we have our little Moe and he's working overtime trying to cheer us up. To be honest I really can't remember not having a cat or dog or both but when Moe is gone (hopefully that won't be any time soon) we will see. It would almost be nice to have a little time for ourselves and maybe do some travelling which we haven't done much of because we have always had pets. Right now it's just to soon to make a decision. Sure means a lot to me to have this extended family, thank you all, God bless.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My wife and I have an appreciation for animals that has led us to include support for various shelters after we're gone.

We originally were going to make a fund available at local vets for neutering, but came to realize many who could afford the cost would take advantage of any cost sharing. The shelters operate on donations, and require neutering before adoption. So it seemed a better option for us.

Animals are at the mercy of those around them. Our goal is a mutual, respectful relationship between the human and the animal. Pets just make life more enjoyable.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Not sure but I thinks wants to move to Canada...I got this strange message last night.;):D She is a beauty!
Thanks, she’s been a great dog. My wife was working at a daycare and they made weekly donations to a local rescue, she knew I always wanted a black lab. She saw this one one week and we picked her up the following day. Not really sure what she is, think she’s lab/pit mix.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Gypsy getting some scratches from her boy :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Umm!!!!! I know you have bacon!!!!! And I'm sitting here being really good!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
^^^ :)

That's what ya call yer "undivided attention"!
Absolutely. Those kids had her spoiled this weekend on people food. Found that out tonight. Got called into work and missed my dinner. So when i got home I sat down to eat. She ran up begging. When that didnt work she got frustrated and howled in my face :D:D I couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 minutes :D We've been trying to get her to howl since she was a pup with no luck.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ollie had a mast cell tumor taken off Thursday. All went well....until Sunday night.....

Boxers can be quite active, and appears he would NOT leave the incision alone after we went to bed.

Cone later and a long setback because it no longer can be stitched back up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: