What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
I got my L2600 DT 4 WD going after being idle for over a year. Drained the fuel tank, changed the filter, and bled the injector lines. I put fresh fuel in, and she started right up. After that, I used a middle buster, disk, and TroyBilt to get my garden spot ready.

"Idle for over a year"? sacrilege! ;) Good looking Kubota!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Over the last week or so I have been busy.

I greased the tractor, (49 zerks:eek:)

I adjusted the valves- quite good access compared to my Rhino. All were loose, none tight, thank God. Pics show a surprisingly clean top end for a 32 year old diesel. The only problem I had was finding a way to turn the engine...... finally used the shock wrench shown on the dual row chain flex coupler between the crank pulley & FEL hydraulic pump. I hadn't realized how noisy it was, but she ticks over like a (loud) swiss watch now.:)

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Finally, I fabbed up a swing lock for the backhoe. First pic shows locked position, 2nd shows the lock strap stowed for backhoe use. It also functions as a step to aid climbing to the backhoe seat, which was complicated by the ROPS installation.

Attachments

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Used the new to me dirt scoop as a hauler for all my tools as we tore out rotted cardboard style siding from the side of the house and replaced it with Hardiboard. Hardieboard is some dang good stuff.

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Mowed hay for 20 hrs and them started to ted until I broke the damn thing. I had a bad feeling about hooking a JD implement behind a bota.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Oh hell, did you break the Jd or the ol Bota?!
I broke the tongue off my JD tedder. It mounts to the gear box with 3 bolts on each side and has 1/4" plate welded to the main tube. The weld broke and then 2 of the 3 bolt sheared off the other side.

Bad luck just kept coming today. Fought with the tie system on my baler all day. One side would tie and the other wouldn't. Finally got it going and ran out of twine on the side that had worked all day. Only 55 rolls in 8 hrs. It was so bad that my son is about 40 acres ahead of me with the rake.

I think I should have just stayed in bed this morning. :eek:

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
Yesterday I finished the install of my Michigan Suspension Seat on an L3700. The 3700 comes without it and after two years, I'd had enough.

The old seat came off easily as did the main seat bracket. I had to weld two strips along side the bracket to receive the wider and longer 11" x 11-1/4" bolt pattern for the new seat. Shot of paint, bolt it all up and new throne!

Right now I've got a tie wrap holding the seat switch in a "favorable" position but will do a more permanent fix there as time allows.

$349 for the seat plus inland and ocean freight & some time: the cost of comfort.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Need some pics of the new seat. Mine has some tears in it in just the wrong places. Sticks me in the back sometimes and I'm about ready to can it.

landphil

Equipment
B8200 backhoe brushhog gannon tiller disc snowblade
Jun 22, 2011
Flagstaff ,AZ
didnt do anything today except go in the barn and look at her. I do that a lot.Over the last few weekends I have had an interesting project. On my property the former owner buried a 3000 gal. tanker. It is an old double walled, stainless steel milk trailer. it isnt being used for its original purpose as a gravity feed storage to our off grid home. My intention is to dig it out and drag it down the hill and and bury it closer to the house for rainwater harvesting. Where I live is a volcanic/cinder area, and its buried in pure cinder! Easy digging, but I get stuck alot. I have it most of the way excavated with the FEL and backhoe. Have learned a lot about operating in this situation, Low gears 4WD etc. been quite a challenge. Have some freinds lined up with big trucks/winches etc to give me a hand in a couple of weeks. Have really enjoyed this thread, pictures are great Plus a few shots from Wales, Sweden, Hawaii,etc. Kubotas are great!

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
I get these really good coupon cards in the mail from Northern Tools. I think I signed up in the store at one time. Here is the online signup. http://www.northerntool.com/promotions/coupon-codes.htm I saved $50 off my box scraper with one. Yesterday I started building a retainer wall with rocks I hauled in the rear scoop. Man, so much easier than using a wheel barrel.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
We used the L3200 FEL to dig about 6 yards of good black dirt from the side of a hill, and move it a hundred yards or so to do some filling and landscaping. It is impressive watching the tractor creep up to a hillside, dig in, then walk away with a bucket heaped with dirt!
No single trip seems like much, but after an hour or so, you've done a lot...
Kudos to Kubota.
Gil

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
The wife and I planted some more sweet corn ( Golden Battam ) . I used my great grandfathers corn planter circa 1900. Back in the day my great grandfather raised Goleden Battam sweet corn for the Germain seed company on the same piece of ground we are farming today Garmon Ranch Santa Paula Ca

Attachments

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Installed a toolbox

My first Kubota, an L3700SU. Came with a fairly small toolbox.

After reading about the ammo boxes and other assorted ways of attaching a toolbox, I mentioned this to a friend of mine.

Our discussion resulted in a drawing on the back of a 3 X 5 card and it turned out that his Father is an owner of a metalshop. Bottom line is that he made me this nice tool box of galvanized sheet metal from the drawing dimensions. I treated the sheet metal with vinegar and then painted it with Kubota Orange from a dealer. To install it, I used the original holes for the old toolbox and also installed 2 additional supports made of channel material. I extended the channel material beyond the tool box about an inch toward the seat with a hole in them to attach and enable a bungee to go over the tool box if need to strap something on. Additionally, I installed 2 magnetic cabinet latches inside the box for closing it instead of using a hasp or a lock. That makes opening and closing the tool box easier.

Now I realize that most people don't have a friend who is an owner of a sheet metal shop but the dimensions are perfect for an install behind the seat. There doesn't seem to be much available on the internet in a dimension for this purpose.

Note that I re-installed the holder for the SMV sign onto the tool box.

I love this forum and all the advice and comments that come with it.

Additionally, today, I moved a pile of firewood to a pile for splitting, moved some monster rocks and just sat on my new (used) Kubota thinking about what a great machine I have.

Attachments