Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Ob1kubota
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9540DT
Default Re: L3130 lost power steering??

Yep Ed you are right KubotaLink produced nothing and service engineering says "no kit" forth coming either. I guess they want to sale part assemblies at the risk of loosing customers if the rumor is true about the valve block being nothing more than a 50 cent spring and detent ball...... shame for shame... the problem exist for sure at least for Kinda's s/n 59250.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L3130 HST Steering No Kit Coming from Kubota.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	670  

Last edited by Ob1kubota; 10-10-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Ob1kubota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #12
Kindanocturnal

Equipment: L3130, BH90 Backhoe, Tiller, Post Hole digger, rake, blade
Send a message via MSN to Kindanocturnal

Well the good news is; again it started working. I left the front end up on the front bucket over night putting pressure against the hydrollic system and after settle down the next day, ithe power steering started working again. I have put +/- 20 hours on it since & still so far so good.

This again makes me think it is air not bleeding from the system verse a failed $1000.00 pump.

I would still love find the answer because I am guessing it is going to do it again in the next 4 months.
Kindanocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
eserv
Journeyman

Equipment: B5000,BX24,F2560 Kubota, A1000 Kubota Generator, Bolens (Iseki) G154 with tiller

Hi Ob1kubota,
They DO show a breakdown of the orbital control valve in the service manual. what spring are you talking about? Is it the pressure control and check valve? If the check didn't close it could create a poor/ no power steering condition. I'd be suspicious of a leak in the suction pipe to the tandem pump though in this case. Look closely at the hose and clamps right at the back of the pump. ( specially if there is a Kubota block heater installed in the RIGHT frost plug!
Ed
eserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Ob1kubota
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9540DT

Ed ... scan a copy of the broken down valve and I will try to pick out what kubota was telling me verbally over the phone. Look how long it took Japan to release the stage two pumps for the ZDs. KAC can only do emergency field fixes without Japans approval and I bet you by Spring they will anounce a fix for this Aeration problem.

Last edited by Ob1kubota; 10-13-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Ob1kubota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
Kindanocturnal

Although it is working now, I expect it will stop again (hopefully during the rainy season). I would love a breakdown of the orbital steering valve for when it gives out again. Being that they want over $1000.00 for the valve, I have nothing to lose pulling it apart and stretching a spring.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
Kindanocturnal

Well I was was lucky enough to get a couple months but it seems to have stopped working again. The last two times it fixed itself by me leaving it overnight with the front wheels lifted by the bucket. Hopefully this will work again since there is no garantee that the orbital w/ fix the problem. Has anyone come up w/ any idea's since my last post? I would still love a breakdown if it was ever scanned in. Thanks!!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
camer

did you get it fixed? i have the same tractor nad mine does it to. if you turn the wheel back and forth real quick it gets the steering working again. seems to build up pressure and works for a while. i think its a seal in the steering shaft. whenyou turn it i think it gets the seal warmed up and expands.
camer is offline   Reply With Quote