B7510 Dif Lock Stuck on...

Florida Marine

Equipment
B7510
Jun 30, 2015
Jennings
I just about buried by new to me B7510 today...got wet fast and I was stuck with three wheels spinning...

I engaged the Dif Lock, which got me out, but it is staying depressed... I have googled around and am not finding anything to suggest what I can do to get it disengaged. I got under the tractor and tried pushing on it by hand, but have not tried anything else.

Help? Thanks in advance!

Love this little tractor!

Sean

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Try putting the tractor in reverse and backup a bit. It might free it enough to kick out. The pedal should unlock when there is no pressure on the pedal.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Your story has me a little puzzled. You stated you were stuck with 3 wheel spinning before you engaged the diff lock. Which 3 wheels were spinning? Most 4x4 kubotas when stuck, will spin 1 back tire and 1 front tire. When you engage the diff lock it (as its name suggests) locks both rear wheels together and you will have power to both rear wheels so now you have 3 wheels spinning. So if you had 3 wheels spinning before you pushed down on the lock pedal I am wondering if something was wrong with the diff lock before you got the tractor.

Florida Marine

Equipment
B7510
Jun 30, 2015
Jennings
Your story has me a little puzzled. You stated you were stuck with 3 wheel spinning before you engaged the diff lock. Which 3 wheels were spinning? Most 4x4 kubotas when stuck, will spin 1 back tire and 1 front tire. When you engage the diff lock it (as its name suggests) locks both rear wheels together and you will have power to both rear wheels so now you have 3 wheels spinning. So if you had 3 wheels spinning before you pushed down on the lock pedal I am wondering if something was wrong with the diff lock before you got the tractor.
I had one rear and I thought both fronts turning... When I locked the dif, the left wheel got traction and pulled me out.

I've had it in reverse a bunch of times since locking it down, hasn't come out...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Have you driven the tractor much since the incident? Are you able to turn corners, or just go straight?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I had one rear and I thought both fronts turning... When I locked the dif, the left wheel got traction and pulled me out.

I've had it in reverse a bunch of times since locking it down, hasn't come out...

Is it stuck in diffy lock - or is the pedal stuck down? When you turn sharply - both rear tires are breaking traction? (do it on grass!)

rocking the tractor back and forth from forward to reverse? NIW I sure will show you the return "spring" or whatever pulls it back - wonder if you lift the pedal off the floor?

Can you jack up the tractor and see if one wheel spins and the other opposite?

If for by chance the diffy was spinning while being engaged - the pin might be bent slightly ..........:(

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Never engage the Diff Lock while spinning.
Sometimes they hang up some. I've never had one that didn't release just jigging the steering some while going slow reverse.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Have you tried pulling up on the diff lock pedal while moving slowly forward and/or back?

RDL

Jun 10, 2015
Lowell,AR
Try pressing on the brake pedals alternately while moving. Books says to prevent damage to power train never engage the differential lock when one wheel spinning with the other completely stopped.

Florida Marine

Equipment
B7510
Jun 30, 2015
Jennings
Try pressing on the brake pedals alternately while moving. Books says to prevent damage to power train never engage the differential lock when one wheel spinning with the other completely stopped.
I think it was stopped fully when I engaged it...cannot remember. I was somewhat distressed thinking I was going to be wading out, and figuring out who the heck I was going to get to tow me out.

I didn't have time to take the tractor out yesterday, will try all the suggestions today. We are in the process of moving in down here (North FL) so I have so many sticks in the fire, I am running ragged.

Thank you all for the suggestions so far!!

Sean

Florida Marine

Equipment
B7510
Jun 30, 2015
Jennings
Both wheels are turning at the same speed...so its locked on.

Tried reverse to 1st and reverse to 2nd... Rocked it, and did about everything I could think of...stuck down and on.

How hard to tear into the diff box?

Florida Marine

Equipment
B7510
Jun 30, 2015
Jennings
Have you tried pulling up on the diff lock pedal while moving slowly forward and/or back?
I did try that nothing happened.

I am away from the tractor for a few days, headed back to FL and will bring my jack and try to lift one wheel off and see if that gets it un stuck...

Thanks again for all the replies!