Don't forget THANK YOU's to those whom a post has helped

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Below is a great post from a fellow Unimog aficionado friend at: benzworld.org/forums/unimog.

Rather you change all the UNIMOG mentions below to KUBOTA or not... the concepts presented are the same when it comes to our little Kubota world and seeking help on forums

TRUKTOR said:
This site is one that is quite benevolent, as compared to many other off road sites. Perhaps it is because there is a certain UNIMOG thing, or virus, or compulsion....something...

Sometimes, a Unimog buyer needs some support, when his "Dream Truck", the UBER TRUCK, turns out to be a rust-addled lump, that has more systems, and more leaks in those Systems, than any previously owned vehicle.

UNIMOGS are fantastic - they can have Leaking seals in the AIR, HYDRAULIC, ENGINE, DIFFERENTIAL, PTO, OR GEARBOX systems. Lots of stuff, lots of variations, lots of solutions, and potentially, lots of problems.

This board is mainly comprised of fellow enthusiasts and, therefore, fellow sufferers....in that We all will run into unique issues that the Chevy Silverado owner will never have to face. Add to that, the bulk of the UNIMOGS in the US have had some previous, possibly semi-secret Life in Europe, or Germany Specifically ( where SALTED roads are a big part of the Diet),the Truth of which, will only be revealed when the new owner starts to live with the 11,000lbs Of his dream....

So, we have chosen this path of automotive endeavor , or Truckness, and this particular Choice has opened up a floodgate of complications, and we ask each other for help. Mainly, I Think, because we need it . So, we help each other out. Perfect.

My request is just this : if somebody, anybody, asks for help on some damn DIN snap ring, Or some Damn Gummi thing.....and that person gets an answer, or a clue to the answer.... Be correct and reasonable, and THANK the person that took the time to search and dig up The solution for your problem. It really is an easy thing to do. It is just good manners.

This isn't about me, specifically,( although I have been bent about some effort that was ignored), it is really about good manners. If you ask a question, and one of the heavily-skilled members takes the time, and makes the effort, to help you out, then, in my way of thinking ( old school, admittedly), then lease
Take the time to say THANKS.

There is a great line from the film " L.A. Confidential ". It is " reciprocity is the basis of all Relationships ".... ( But then, Capt. Dudley Smith, also said : " I admire you as a policeman- particularly your Adherence to violence as a necessary adjunct to the job") Which is NOT Germaine to this discussion...

To get down to brass tacks :

If you ask for help, and you get it, or some form of it, just take the time to thank the person That took the time to provide it.

Simple.

Otherwise.....Dooshe -ness will hang on your neck like the Albatross ....which is a movie quote from A film not yet made, I think.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Re: Writing HELP ME Post and THANK YOU's

reposted above to include in the Ultimate [[READ ME]]

en_teng

Equipment
B7001
Aug 13, 2013
Pacific Islander
who's the coder of the vBulleting put config and add the THANKS button so everybody can easily press it. we can save on our bandwith with the server.

Last edited: