Snowblower issues

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
i have a t1770 with a Model 2740 snowblower attached to the front.
i need some advice, in order to raise the blower off the ground when
backing up, i need to pull back a large handle, its a reach not too
mention a pain in the neck to do this each time. wondering if
anyone had some suggestions on how to motorize this.

Jim
What I have found is this:

The problem ist the force you need. If you do it with an electric actuator, that will take a long time or sucking very hard at your battery.
Frankly the problem is where the snowblower is connected to. :eek:
But when you are not in a hurry, you can use an actuator that moves the handle.
Maybe the better solution is that you adjust the handel to your needs, if possible.

der carl

orangemen1

Equipment
t1770/t2740
Jan 28, 2012
marlboro Mass
cabu, this is exactly what i have. problem is that the bar must be parallel

to the tractor frame. a friend suggested using a winch with a modified

cable attached to a metal bar,,,,, which winch and how to attach

will take some thinking, i was thinking of a bracket of some sort,

kinda thinking out loud. I have found a few on the internet but

as yet no Kubotas like mine.i'm sure there is a way, could use

more ideas.... anyone.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...a friend suggested using a winch...
Maybe that works. I have seen some pics with a quad and a winch driven snowblade. Maybe the winch is not so expensive, because it has just a few pounds to lift. But you should check the current consumption, maybe your battery will not last long because the generator at your engine is to small. At my yardman the generator has just 80W! And with light switched on there will be just a few Watt left to charge the battery...

carl

ps

orangemen1

Equipment
t1770/t2740
Jan 28, 2012
marlboro Mass
there's a video on you tube, a craftsman lawn tractor with a snow blower,

he connected a linear actuator to the frame and a cable to a modified

handle on the blower. He demonstrates it and it works.

i don't know what current it draws will have to look into it.

he mentions that this is his second actuator, first one was too

slow.

brbhan

Equipment
GR2110
Apr 23, 2015
Schenectady, New York
................ Maybe the winch is not so expensive, because it has just a few pounds to lift. But you should check the current consumption, maybe your battery will not last long because the generator at your engine is to small..............
carl

ps

Harbor Freight sells a 12v winch for $49. I have used it - plugged into the 21hp diesel GR2110 I own. Installed on my custom-made trailer, no problem 'dragging' implements on to the trailer. After all, it is 'intermittent' duty.

brbhan

Equipment
GR2110
Apr 23, 2015
Schenectady, New York
I have a BX 24 with a BX 2750C snowblower with the electric chute deflector model GB2513.

"Here is the issue: the chute deflector didn't work the other day so I just dealt with it the way it was. .............................I tried to move the motor shaft and found that it is froze up :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...........

Has anybody had this happen and is there an inexpensive way to repair it?"
Clipped the quote to conserve on real estate :)
Yes, I've had that problem. Have the same GB2513 working on the blower accessory to my GR2110. Worked fine over past 5 years. Then, suddenly, last winter it would not work. Brought the whole outfit (tractor, et al) into the garage, calling it quits. Tried the GB2513. It worked. Assumed it to be temperature related. Next time it froze I warmed the motor with a hair drier. Voila! Probably water in the motor. The shaft cannot be manually rotated probably due to heavy internal gearing.

Your finding does help. Will delve into it on a good day whilst looking around for a 'backup' assembly.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I looked at the Pronovost kit for my Puma blower and suffered the same sticker shock.

Being A) a cheap esso bee, and B) having a fairly impressive junk pi....uh, I mean, inventory of spare parts, and C) an dedicated junkyard engineer, I decided to build my own.

It involved an old 12V boat trailer winch, some aluminum angle and a piece of roller chain. It took a couple of iterations to work out all the bugs, but it worked flawlessly this past winter.

Full details and more pix here.