Hub caps on a Kubota??????????

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
OK I'll admit. I'm a picky person but I didn't like that open hole in the rear wheel weights so today instead of out riding or driving I spent the day in the shop building hub caps. OH come on, don't laugh :laughing:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Nice.
I agree, as a picky guy, that looks much better.
My picky self might have made 6 lugs like the front.

Good job making the Kubota proud!!!!! :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Nice.
I agree, as a picky guy, that looks much better.
My picky self might have made 6 lugs like the front.

Good job making the Kubota proud!!!!! :D
Actually I was going to go with eight per side but I live on a big rock out in the middle of the North Atlantic and all I could come up with was ten of the buggers but they are larger than the front ones so that will do.
I was actually considering machining one big nut to put the out of aluminum but time wasn't on my side and it wasn't cost efficient. Glad you like it. Thanks

So when are the spinners going to be installed :p

Well I did ponder it but figured I'd be the laughing stock of the world. Hell I still might be with the hub caps but I don't care, I'm having fun and if it amuses you guys then that's a bonus :D

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Hey..I was expecting baby Moons and chrome trim rings,.

All joking aside though, Very nice job, The chrome acorn nut covers really add a special touch.

Wildfire

Equipment
Hey..I was expecting baby Moons and chrome trim rings,.

All joking aside though, Very nice job, The chrome acorn nut covers really add a special touch.
Thanks. The baby moons would look great but I had to think it out and not use them because if I was pushing snow side on I would damage them. Doing it the way I did I got them recessed and I don't think they'll get damaged now.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I wish. Last week ... I mowed my grass last evening in the dark :(
What I have read from your message above is, that the ZG222Z need some nice light's for the nightshifts... :D

We will see next: Frontlight, Sidelight, Foglight, Backlight and not to forget the blue light !under! the mowerdeck, so it looks like an UFO trying to land :p

Have fun!!

carl

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
What I have read from your message above is, that the ZG222Z need some nice light's for the nightshifts... :D

We will see next: Frontlight, Sidelight, Foglight, Backlight and not to forget the blue light !under! the mowerdeck, so it looks like an UFO trying to land :p

Have fun!!

carl
Carl that would be quite awesome to see. Wildfire I think you just found your next mod :D

Wildfire I hope you never stop doing what you do. It gives us hope :p

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Recessed Baby Moons are still doable on tabs the same way. I think chrome trim rings on the weights would look W-A-Y cool.

Gotta admit Paul gets lots of points for style! Now Iffin you were to add a couple big belly mowers under that beast you wouldn't have to spend much time mowing in the dark! HAha

Love ya work paul!

Wildfire

Equipment

Have fun!!

carl
Carl you shouldn't give me ideas like that :D Good ideas too :cool:

Carl that would be quite awesome to see. Wildfire I think you just found your next mod :D

Wildfire I hope you never stop doing what you do. It gives us hope :p
Oh man you guys are going to get me in trouble with these ideas :D No worries about me stopping. My wife says I can't sit still anyways :rolleyes:

Recessed Baby Moons are still doable on tabs the same way. I think chrome trim rings on the weights would look W-A-Y cool.

Gotta admit Paul gets lots of points for style! Now Iffin you were to add a couple big belly mowers under that beast you wouldn't have to spend much time mowing in the dark! HAha

Love ya work paul!

Good idea on the baby moons. That opening is just about 10" You have to remember that I live on a big rock right out in the middle of the North Atlantic so I'm lucky to see the real moon let alone baby ones :D I see you got a custom way of thinking and I like that. :cool:

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Looks great, Paul. I've studied your pictures and have a question. How did you drill the holes into the wheel weights? The hole looks too small for a regular drill to fit. Did you use one of those right angel drills? Thanks!

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Did you epoxy the big nuts to the steel plate? wasnt sure what was in the center of those.

Wildfire

Equipment
Looks great, Paul. I've studied your pictures and have a question. How did you drill the holes into the wheel weights? The hole looks too small for a regular drill to fit. Did you use one of those right angel drills? Thanks!
Did you epoxy the big nuts to the steel plate? wasnt sure what was in the center of those.
Wouldn't you know it. The one photo I forget to include and you guys ask me about it :D.
I used a pneumatic 3/8th angle drill to drill the holes in the weights then the threaded or we call it " tapped " the holes and that was it

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Hey Paul, I saw a road tractor today here in western Kentucky that had Moon caps on the rear diffs. what made me think of you was it had had spinners installed on the moons that reminded of ones from a '63-'64 SS chevy. Isn't that funny how something can trigger a thought thats totally remote from the first one?