GR2120 with Snowblower & Cab

andre53

Equipment
GR2120, 54" Mower, GR2728 Snowblower
Jun 30, 2012
East Aurora, NY
Spent some time this week getting the tractor ready for winter. Installed the cab (Original Tractor Cab). As this was the first time, the install took awhile, probably close to 5 hours over two evenings. The unit fits very well. (Note: My old tractor had a similar cab from OTC that lasted for over 20 years.)

My dealer installed the GR2728 blower for me as they had to tap into the existing hydraulic circuit. They run an extension hose out to the front end for the hydraulic lift. All I had to do was lower the skid shoes down a bit since my drive is gravel and I want to avoid throwing stones...

I am looking forward to getting to use it. We did get a dusting of snow last night so winter is on its way. Here are some pics.

GR2120 ready for winter.jpg

GR2120 pic 3.jpg

Cab entry.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks like a nice set up,,Though if I may ask what did you give for the cab??

andre53

Equipment
Jun 30, 2012
East Aurora, NY
Cost for the base cab was $745. I did add the glass windshield (add $165) because I wanted to install a manual wiper. Add $60 for shipping.

That may seem expensive, but I really feel that the cab pays for itself in several ways. The first is that it really protects your investment in the tractor from harsh winter conditions. Without it, every crevice on the tractor gets filled with snow granules when using the blower. Then it all freezes and expands causing damage or melts and starts rusting things or getting into the electrical system. The second thing I really like is that you can just get in the tractor and snowblow, no heavy clothes, no eating blowback. It just makes the job easier to do. My wife will even use it when I am out of town...

andre53

Equipment
Jun 30, 2012
East Aurora, NY
DCE - nice pics, I'm sure you will get to use the FEL up in Minot.

I don't know if your wife is like mine, she's isn't really into operating the tractor but will do it if she has to. So I made her a tractor/snowblowing checklist and laminated it. She really likes it as it walks her thru the operation. Plus, I get to remind her about taking care when setting the height of the blower to avoid throwing all the gravel off the drive... seems to work OK.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
ipz ya gota understand up Nord what esle do we got to do all winter,,,:D

OrangeGuy

Apr 25, 2012
Brockville, ON, CAN
I also got the same model of blower... And have to say I've had nothing but issues with it... It seems to eat fan shear pins... I've had it back to the dealer every time we get snow, so far this winter I think i'm around 15 pins... and I can't say that i'm that rough on equipment! LOL. Have You had any issues with yours?

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
I also got the same model of blower... And have to say I've had nothing but issues with it... It seems to eat fan shear pins... I've had it back to the dealer every time we get snow, so far this winter I think i'm around 15 pins... and I can't say that i'm that rough on equipment! LOL. Have You had any issues with yours?
There is a fix for the fan shear pins. Look here on post #42
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-lawn-garden/280620-gr2120-yea-nay-5.html

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
Spent some time this week getting the tractor ready for winter. Installed the cab (Original Tractor Cab). As this was the first time, the install took awhile, probably close to 5 hours over two evenings. The unit fits very well. (Note: My old tractor had a similar cab from OTC that lasted for over 20 years.)

My dealer installed the GR2728 blower for me as they had to tap into the existing hydraulic circuit. They run an extension hose out to the front end for the hydraulic lift. All I had to do was lower the skid shoes down a bit since my drive is gravel and I want to avoid throwing stones...

I am looking forward to getting to use it. We did get a dusting of snow last night so winter is on its way. Here are some pics.

View attachment 6315

View attachment 6316

View attachment 6317
I'm considering it too....Where did you buy from? Was it from the manufacturer directly?