Governor and injector pump Removal D1105

Carl wright

Jun 15, 2010
cvq west aus
Hello all.
My D1105's governor on my genset appears to have jammed. It is running well over the 1500 rpm that it is set at, and produces loads of black soot and to top it off, once it starts i can not stop it unless i kink the fuel lines. Has any one had this problem before and is there any thing i have to look out for when i pull the governor out. Do i have to pull out the injector pump first for example and do any springs like to jump off. Is there any chance of any thing coming adrift and landing in the timing case or sump etc?. Love to hear from you :)

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I had to replace the injector pump ($$$ouch$$$) on my B9200 . Four cylinder 1200 Kubota Diesel.

I removed the side cover 1st. Their was two springs that I had to carefully remove from the pump before I could pull it out.

I would suggest that you take a digital image of the parts before you remove anything, to aid in re-assembly.

No, parts shouldn't go flying everywhere. Just be carefull, take your time, and remove those springs with a pair of needle nose pliers.:)

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
I had to replace the injector pump ($$$ouch$$$) on my B9200 . Four cylinder 1200 Kubota Diesel.

I removed the side cover 1st. Their was two springs that I had to carefully remove from the pump before I could pull it out.

I would suggest that you take a digital image of the parts before you remove anything, to aid in re-assembly.

No, parts shouldn't go flying everywhere. Just be carefull, take your time, and remove those springs with a pair of needle nose pliers.:)
I suggest checking these springs mentioned above before digging too deep, they do break from time to time, see this a lot on Moffetts with Kubota engines

Carl wright

Jun 15, 2010
cvq west aus
Thanks guys. from what i am seeing of the expanded parts view the governor drive shaft runs off the timing gear. Do i need to turn the engine over to TDC or anything before i start? same question for the pump? I don't think i would just checking.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It is easiest to check the pump first and it is more likely to be the culprit. to remove the pump you need to remove the injector lines and the fuel lines then remove the stop solenoid. Finally remove the two bolts and two nuts that are holding the pump in. The pump will now just lift straight up out of there. (you might have to put your finger in the stop solenoid hole and hold the rack forward a little).
When you get it out the rack should move freely back and forth, my bet is that it isn't. have a look for a broken plunger return spring jamming up one of the plungers. You won't have any springs or other things jump at you but do pay attention to the gaskets (shims) under the pump. do not damage or loose them, they are used to set the injection timing.
Ed

Last edited:

Carl wright

Jun 15, 2010
cvq west aus
Thank you Ed you were spot on broken plunger spring middle cylinder. Do you know what cause's a broken spring ? I found a little amount of carbon in the pump but nothing major.The engine has done only 524hrs and is just over 18 months old common fault or dodgy springs?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I don't know why the springs break, it doesn't happen often but I've seen it a few times.
Ed