Quick attach 6' Snow Blade.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Here are pics of my 6' snow blade that modified to make quick attach to the Fron end loader bucket.
I need snow blower and snow blade and bucket for sure to clean snow.
Now I have it all. and I could take snow blade on and off less than 30 seconds...:D
and I could changed all the angle I want.
I'm happy boy now.

Joe.

Attachments

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Happy Joe super job!!!!! :):):) and I'd watch my grab hook welded to the back of your single wall utility bucket for continued deforminity. I'd add a pad eye on the back side of the hook ( inside the bucket) so I could run a 45 degree angled brace support to a blade tip during heavy loading. Make it removable (bolted to the pad eyes) leaving only your pad eyes as permanently welded attachments to the bucket. I would also entertain adding a 1 1/4' angle behind the bent roll backed lip at the rear of your bucket clear across under the lip for added strenght. The angle brace and the reinforced lip will act as a trust system taking the load moment of the cantilevered plow attachment. Remember, every attachment beyond the centerline of the front axle come under tensile stress where every load between the front and rear axles are under compression loading. These are just safety consideration to take into account with your modification. Have fun man and like I said great multifunction set up. :D

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Wow, you must be the Mechanical Engineer~~~!!!
I've never thought that far about the snow blade... but of course it all make sense.

Any how, We (me and Welder) choose 3/8" thick angled iron (it is very thick and he was smashing it with sludge hammer so hard but nothing happened to it :eek:) across the bottom blade of the bucket to observ all the pressure from snow blade... and weld 3/8" thick square metal tube on it to hold snow blade along with angled iron and it goes into female square metal tube on the bucket. So, all the weight was distributed onto angled iron and square metal tube. and chain was only used for keep the snow blade in place. That is all. As you could see on the picture there are quite of slack...

And another consideration was using snow blade while bottom of the bucket is almost flat with surface. so all the pressure should be observed by angled iron and bottom blade of bucket. and that hook welded on top of bucket does not getting any weights at all. Well~ I thought~~~:confused:
and using snow blade with FEL's floating feature.

Please, Let me know what you think of that fact. if you think I still need to make those trust stuff, I have to make another appointment with welding guy...:eek:

This snow blade and stuff, I've never used in my life yet. so I really don't know what is going to happen on my snow blade and bucket and tractor...
I hope everything works out fine... Now I'm a bit worried~:(

Thanks a million on your precious advice.

Joe.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Happy Joe ( I like that name and I hope you don't mind it ) Close MO, but try Mining Engineer and AWS-CWI on top of it. I'd really, at least, straighten out the back of the bucket and reinforce the hook because if the resistance of the snow loading on the blade shifts due to negative pressure created when packing with the blade into a bank of snow "your chain will be pulled" as you pull away from a bank due to the suction created by the low pressure area between the fully loaded blade and the snow bank. Low volume snow (powered) will not attract tension as heavy wet snow will and for this reason I'd also bolt the blade frame through the steel channel tube with grade eight bolts for toughness. Remember, you are adding "point loading" even in the float position so pay attention to your bucket pins for deformation since these will be in double shear across the loader arms and torque tube. Your bucket is designed for break out force not ramming force this fact is why I suggested a removable trust system to surfice this design criteria. :eek:
Like I said in the last post it's a good idea and will work trouble free if you pay attention to whats happening to the weldments under tension and stress each time you plow until movement ( creap ) stops. :)

One last caution :mad: DONT LOAD THE FRONT AXLE BEYOND Kubota's rating IT CAN SNAP UNDER SHOCKLOADING.... most of the time you will be spinning when this happens the wheels hit something solid and the wheel ( becomes a first class lever in physics ) torque then drives the small axle gears and they can explode :eek: Just thought I'd better mention that fact too. :)

Last edited:

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
If you take it easy it should work fine...

I have a Shitty SnowBear Snow Plow and its made Cheaper than that, still works fine after 8 years. I never Ram anything with it, going nice and Slow gets the job done.

I would make sure the springs on the Snow Blade are not too tight so it Breaks away easy.

If you go slow enough, i can't see any problems.....

If you do STOP and fix it...

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Joe, It looks like a great addition for your tractor. You will learn a lot this winter, me too I made a blade for my steiner, or I guess my son will learn a lot about it. It is going to his place in Holstein for the winter. The last tractor I sent out for him to use was an 18 horse massey ferguson with a 4 cyl car motor in it. That didn't work out too well. Anyway 0b1 has some very good points, puttin pins in the side blade mounts, and yes the top edge of these buckets is fairly weak. I have seen lots of bent ones. Bottom line you are going to break it. At least chances are you will. That is not a bad thing unless you are 5 miles from home or it endangers someone other than yourself. Everything I build has limits, And I have a son and son in law to help me find those limitations. To me that is half of the fun of building things. It is also why I don't build things for other people.You are going to have a lot of fun with that tractor and the equipment you put with it. I think the blade is awsome. Giver!!!:cool:

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Thank you "Ob1, bubbaboss, Dusty, John, Vic." for nice words...:D
I'm going to call my welding guy to add that trust stuff as Ob1 mentioned.
and I know I have to add the pin on the side of bucket too. and I will...;)
Outside tube already made hole for it but inner tube is 3/8" tick tube.
So I will have a heck of time to drill through~~~:(

and I still designing the WING to fly but I need John's big help... Could you help, John~~~??? :D John~ Haven't you done any other work yourself? Haven't seen you for a while...:p

Thank you.

Joe.

Last edited: