Tractor Cabs

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
I'm thinking on getting a cab for my L3800 and wondering if anyone out there has an after market cab on their Kubota ? I'd put it on in the late Fall and take it off in the Spring.

Is a heater or fan a must to eliminate "fogging up" ??

kyfred

Equipment
M5030SU 4WD
Dec 20, 2010
Northern KY
I have a Sims cab. It has a hard (metal) top with a windshield and windshield wiper. It has button on vinyl sides and rear panel. Left side panel has a zip up door. When temps warm up in the spring unbotton and take off the sides and rear to take off. The windshield and top of the cab stays on. Cabdepot.com is Sims website.
There is another company that makes cabs also name Curtis.
I don't have their address maybe curtis cabs.com

Last edited:

kyfred

Equipment
M5030SU 4WD
Dec 20, 2010
Northern KY
Thanks Eric M. I had someone waiting on me to help with feeding the cattle. Didn't have time to look it up.
kyfred

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
Thanks. The snow here in Michigan is making me think about whether I should buy one initially, or spring for it later. I guess I need to "mull this over" a bit......

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Not trying to tell ya how to spend your money but something as huge of an add on as a cab you'd be alot better off geting the dealer to install it on the tractor from the get go rather then wait and install it later. I'm sure you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for waiting and not geting a cab installed in the first place. The tractor is already on their lot and close to the shop. Later down the road either you'll have to haul the tractor back to your dealer and wait for them to get to you next in line and not have your for a few days to maybe a week or more.

Delaware Devil

Equipment
bx2360, FEL, 60"mid mount mower, Woods 5' back blade
Jul 10, 2010
Felton, Delaware
I've allso been looking at permanent cabs. I've been using a golf cart cover draped over my canopy. Works pretty well, but want something that looks better. I've had my eye on the Laurin cabs out of Canada. I live in Delaware and don't know of any dealers locally who handle Laurin cabs for Kubota. Here is their web address WWW.Laurin-inc.com

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
I'm thinking on getting a cab for my L3800 and wondering if anyone out there has an after market cab on their Kubota ? I'd put it on in the late Fall and take it off in the Spring.

Is a heater or fan a must to eliminate "fogging up" ??
There are some cabs on e-bay for L series tractors. Take a look

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I bought my B3030 because of the hassle of the old plow truck that took
forever to warm up,and wouldn't be without one.
That said however,I'd probably not spend an additional $4500 to get one
after i bought one without.I almost bought one of those "cabs" for my Honda quad an add an electric heater but figured the excersise in futility trying to plow 18 inches of snow with a short 50 inch plow was an excersise in futility.

I'm thinking a guy could do a whole bunch of fabrication with some resonable amount of material and make up something at least as good as a soft cab a whole lot cheaper.I've seen them made from 2x4's even that worked pretty good,and you could always talk to a muffler shop that has a bender and be
amazed at what the could fab up frame wise,and the could weld it up too if a
person didn't have their own welder etc.

I'm just sayin..;-)

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
I have a Sims cab on my B1750 and a Curtis with a heater on my L4330. No fogging problem without the heater. Both are soft side cabs with rear curtains. Both were on the tractors when I bought them. I will say that I like the heater so far. Weather has been zero or below here at night lately.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
If you elect not to do a cab at purchase, seek out a Amish / Mennonite buggy maker. if you have never been in one of their shops, they use neat material. Its a alum/foam/alum laminate sheet that is super rigid and light at the same time. it can be painted or covered as many of their buggies are covered with an exterior vinyl product. Many of the makers are artisans in their own right.

just an idea. Tim in west Ky