How to Determine Year tractor was made?

Quailtail

Equipment
M5400
May 15, 2009
Versailles KY
I am trying to find out what year my tractor is. The plates or stickers on the frame near the front are unreadable. Is there someplace else on the tractor that a person can find the serial number to determine the year of the tractor?

Thank You

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
The only quick and dirty way that I'm aware of is to check your rear wheels to see if there is a date stamped into the wheel. The assumption, then, is that the tractor ws made close to that date. Nobody worries much about the date. Most all are concerned with the hours of use not the originakl date that it was manufactured. So be it I guess.

Reactions: 1 user

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota serial number locations: B SERIES Models B5100, B5200, B6000, B6100, B6200, B7100, B7200, and B8200 L SERIES Models L175, L185, L225, L235, L245, L275, L285, L305, L345, L355, L2250, L2550, L2850, L3350, L3750, and L4150 M SERIES Models M4000, M4050, M4500, M4900, M5500, M5950, M6950, M7950, and M8950 Serial number plate is located either on the right or left side of transmission case, on forward end (could also be stamped into the transmission case). Engine serial number, in all cases, is located on right side of engine adjacent to fuel injection pump flange on engines that use an in-line fuel pump. On engines that use a rotary pump, the serial number plate is stamped into left side of block. UTILITY VEHICLES Located on the left side above the battery under dump bed.

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi there,
Once you have located the serial number, go to "tractordata.com" where you will find the make and model of you tractor. input the make and model and then look at the serial numbers to idenify the year. This site will also have many other specifications for your tractor model.
Ron

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
I went to tractordata.com but numbers only go to 1986 for SN around 13000.

My B7100 HST serial number is: 66850

Does anyone know where I can find out the year of my tractor?

Thanks, AK

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Handyman and Vic,

Thanks, Handyman, I checked with the link you provided. My tractor I believe is newer than a 1980. The reason I think so, is that it is a Hydro and the earlier B7100s were gear in 1980. Also, the person I bought the tractor from, stated he was the original owner and he bought it around 1996 from a dealer new.

Yesterday, I stopped by my local dealer to pick up some parts when I asked him if he could tell me the year of my tractor. He brought out a book and proceeded to look. I found this interesting and maybe Vic could provide more insight here. He showed where Kubota quit making the model B7100 by the late 80's early 1990 and then made they again(Only Hydro models) in the early to mid 90s. The serial numbers showed only up to 58000 for around 1990but my serial number is 66850 and we could only guess. His book may be out of date too. He then looked at my Operator Manual I got with my tractor and he thinks it may be one of the last B7100 made in the mid 1990s.

Vic, can you confirm from your Kubota reference manuals or is there a page on the OTT website I could reference?

Thanks, AK

breenfarmer77

Equipment
Kubota L35 tractor
Jun 26, 2016
Durango, Colorado
So I read the thread and went to the tractordata.com site. I operate an L35 and they only list (or at least, I could only find) a L3500. That was the only one that said "no data". Does anyone have a sense when the L35 model was made...from what year to what year? I ask because the tractor belongs to my landlady who is grumbling with me about the cost of the 4x4 having ceased to work. The splines on the bevel gear in the front axle are worn to almost nothing as are the splines on the coupler to the propeller shaft. She thinks I didn't do maintenance on the 4x4 and doesn't want to pay for the parts. I'm trying to explain to a 73yo woman that there is no maintenance on this other than replacement when the wear and tear of operation finally forces replacement. I've used the tractor probably no more than 50 hours in the last two years that I've been her renter and am the one holding the bag on the thing when it ceased to work. I've got it torn apart in my neighbor's shop and have ordered all the parts from Coleman Equipment. Their customer service has been fantastic to say the least. I just want to let her know that the parts have likely been the exact ones that originally were installed on the tractor and that she got XXXX number of years out of them and that she should be the one paying the $500 in parts. Heck, I'm saving her a bunch in labor costs as the local dealer quoted $3000 for labor and $1100 for parts.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If she doesn't want to pay for the parts....what you going to do, try to tell the same lady who doesn't want to pay for parts she would have to pay for labor also? None of that is going to ring any bells with her, I'll bet.

If you're using the machine 25 hours a year, just offer to buy it. When you're done with it you can sell it. Then this situation won't occur again.

Unless you had a very clear understanding with her as to who is responsible for problems with the machine, you borrowed it....you fix it.

If you're doing work on her property, let her know what the contract price might be if she hired it out to someone.

You have the landlords tractor, which quit working while you were borrowing it, tore down in the neighbors shop. You're just asking for grief!!!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
.... You're just asking for grief!!!
My condolences.. reasoning with most any 73yr old lady landlord; excluding member here sheepfarmer of course, is high probability impossible. Your only chance is to getting her to pay into the tractor is if you buy her and her book club a couple of packs of wine coolers and a male stripper or something.

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
thanks to you bub... ive now got my tractor narrowed down to between 1984-1988 :)

since it has square headlights im guessing its on the closer to 90 end.. maybe some day i'll stumble onto whats left of that serial number somewhere. LOL
tadaa!!! i finally found a number on the case as said here...

56679 .. so if im reading the thing at the link right, that makes my toy a 1988 model.

anyone got any input on that? any other listing of numbers?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My condolences.. reasoning with most any 73yr old lady landlord; excluding member here sheepfarmer of course, is high probability impossible. Your only chance is to getting her to pay into the tractor is if you buy her and her book club a couple of packs of wine coolers and a male stripper or something.
Coach!!!
You were of course joking right? Otherwise them's fighting words! Most of my acquaintances oddly enough are in that age bracket, and very few are unable to reason due to age or gender. There are some people that are pigheaded, narrow minded, paranoid, or mentally defective by nature, but they are found in all age brackets. The particular individual in question here might be suspicious of guys not taking care of equipment properly, and that might have been her previous experience.

I think it is a perfectly reasonable thing to do to establish the age of the tractor, and also the relative costs for the various solutions to tne problem. Heck she might choose to buy a new tractor!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
B7100 #66850 was originally sold April 1993. I know someone who works at a dealer and gave him that model and serial, and that's what the returned info was. Kubota tractors don't have official year models.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Like Lugbolt said, Kubota only goes by date tractor was sold, nothing with manufacture date.

On some of the older models the dealer may look up on their computer and find other tractors of the same model number and close serial numbers to give you a pretty good idea of purchase date of yours, if yours wasn't entered into a data base.

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
so I have also followed this thread and went on tractordata.com but under my tractor it says serial numbers unknown? I have a b6100HST-E Serial number i believe is 11123.

Any help guys?