Installing a temperature gauge on B7200

bigdg

Equipment
B7200Hst w/ RC 60 mower deck
Jun 25, 2010
Maynardville, TN
Does anyone have experience with installing a temp guage on a B7200 HST or similar ? My dealer says he can do it and I don't like running any diesel without one. Thanks in advance for your input.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Installed one in the upper radiator hose in my B20. Cut the hose and installed a purchased fitting in the hose with standard hose clamps and then mounted the sensor in the fitting -- works like a champ.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Does anyone have experience with installing a temp guage on a B7200 HST or similar ? My dealer says he can do it and I don't like running any diesel without one. Thanks in advance for your input.
There are temp gauges available that have a sensor that can be bolted to any part of the head or thermostat housing. They pick up the temp off the head so you don't have to get into the water jacket. Seems like a good alternative if finding a suitable port to screw in a sensor is a problem.:cool:

bigdg

Equipment
B7200Hst w/ RC 60 mower deck
Jun 25, 2010
Maynardville, TN
Thanks for the help guys. I'll work with the dealer and see how he wants to do it. Where did you mount the guage itself? DG

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi All

I like what aquaforce has done.

Would this work on my B6100, and if it would what is the ideal temp to run with?

Many thanks

Duncan