New to OTT-L3400 3 pt hitch adjustment?

UWAdventurer

Equipment
Kubota L3400 w/FEL & Woods 7500 backhoe
May 24, 2011
Coatesville, IN
Newbie here-Hi All!

I just purchased a 2004 L3400 with a Woods 7500 backhoe. I want to put my bush hog on, but the linkage on my 3 pt hitch is all rusted up. I am working on getting it loose so I can oput anti sieze on it. Got it all except one end of the top link loose. I need to know how tho adjust the 3PH when I reassemble it. I am afraid of bending or breaking something if I don't get it set at the proper lengths, etc. I can't find any good info on this. I have never installed/adjusted a 3PH before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks All!

UWAdventurer

Equipment
May 24, 2011
Coatesville, IN
Pics of what? I have my bachoe on my tractor now. I am wanting to remove it and install my 3 pt hitch parts so I can use my bush hog. I need to know how to adjust the linkage on those parts to avoid damage to anything.

Thanks.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
If I remember correctly the lift arms can only be put on one way. Seems like there is a linkage adjustment on the lift arms but I have never had to change that from the factory setting. One end of the top link can go in any one of 3 positions where it attaches to the tractor. I believe the top hole is the default setting (for lack of a better term). Once you get your mower on the tractor the only adjustment you have is making the top link longer or shorter. Personally, I do not want the top link to be rigid. I would rather it have a little slack. On some mowers, the top link connects to a piece that will swivel. That is the part that needs to have room to move. In other words don't thread the top link as tight as it will go. The L3400 won't pick the mower up as high as you might like or might have been used to with other tractors that are higher off the ground. I usually just get the mower approximately level (or maybe a little lower in the front) with the rear wheel touching the ground and supporting a lot of the mower's weight. I have also had to adjust the mower to the L3400 by raising or lowering the rear mower wheel. I hope I have understood your question and I hope this will help.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEP Hook has nailed it right on the head!

You want to keep the turn buckles on the lift arms tight so the bush hog wont sway side to side. That'll make ya mad as hell when you take a turn and the bush hog is in the other direction. And like Hook said keep the top link a lil loose to the bush hog will float up and down to a degree.

UWAdventurer

Equipment
May 24, 2011
Coatesville, IN
Got it on and adjusted. Found a diagram and instructions on my bush hog showing angles and orientation. Originally had the top link too tight.

Thanks for the info all it did help.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Glad to hear you got it set up. Good Luck and welcome to OTT.