Rural King / TYM Tractors

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Like a couple guys said, I've heard some horror stories about parts availability for some brands of tractors.

Can't really predict parts reliability based on country-of-origin either.

Back 40+ years, many "US" compact tractors were imports. IH (UK), Ford (UK/Japan) and JD (Japan) come to mind. Fords were Shibaura(?) and JD's were Yanmar.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Many still are and not just the compact ones either. Most of the NH larger tractors have their roots in Europe as does JD. I have a friend that is an engineer at JD in Mannheim, Germany and they build and export worldwide from there, USA included.

Keep in mind that Kubota's larger units (above 110 horsepower) are European built. Not made here at all.

My M's were both built in Japan, containerized and shipped here (I think Baltimore at that time) and final assembly was done in Columbus, Ohio and then trucked to my dealer.

I waited over 6 months for the M9000. The 105 was a dealer stock tractor. I wanted an M9 with the optional creep gears and dual speed PTO with 3 remotes but I also wanted the Ultra Cab which Kubota was phasing out so my dealer did some fancy footwork and got Kubota in Japan to build it. Far as I know, I have the very last M9000 HDCC3 ever built. All came in as ordered. Dealer added nothing but fuel.

I imagine that if I gave Wolfman the serial number he could tell me.

Almost every part on the tractor is tattooed with either paint numbers or stamped.

I'll never sell it.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
A friend of mine decided at 80+that a new tractor with power steering would be nice. I didn't succeed in getting him to buy a Kubota, but from the sound of things today he sure got a dandy tractor. The new Massey Ferguson M1735 premium series has a bunch of the features I love in the L60 tractors, but NO dpf filters, no DEF either. Tier 4 final. Common rail, turbo, Egr, DOC is somehow enough. I'd like to know how they do it. Has the ground level fuel fill, and a button on a rear fender to turn pto on and off. 7 yr warranty. Hope that it is all as they claim, he is a super nice guy and deserves a nice tractor.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
A friend of mine decided at 80+that a new tractor with power steering would be nice. I didn't succeed in getting him to buy a Kubota, but from the sound of things today he sure got a dandy tractor. The new Massey Ferguson M1735 premium series has a bunch of the features I love in the L60 tractors, but NO dpf filters, no DEF either. Tier 4 final. Common rail, turbo, Egr, DOC is somehow enough. I'd like to know how they do it. Has the ground level fuel fill, and a button on a rear fender to turn pto on and off. 7 yr warranty. Hope that it is all as they claim, he is a super nice guy and deserves a nice tractor.
Well you made me look sheepfarmer, good looking tractor. I'm sure he'll be fine with it MF's been around a long time. I also have 2 neighbours that own MF's and seem to be very happy with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CeXqjK-qr4

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Sheepfarmer. Thanks for posting about the new Massey. I am an orange guy, but I am an equipment guy also. I enjoy all types of equipment. Watched the video on the new Massey series. I was very impressed. Not that I am ready to sell mine, but it had a ton of nice features and setup very well!

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
My brother bought a little Kubota TLB back in the 1980's when they first came out. I think it may have been one of the first machines with joystick controllers.Used it mainly to uncovered septic tank lids.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Massey should have a good, established dealer presence. Parts are probably another story.