83 John Deere 318 excellent condition

Hydro556

Mar 12, 2018
Mo
I searched for a low hour 318 for about 4 years. Found this one in IN about 8 years ago.

Drove 5 hrs each way and purchased it from the original owner. He had owned since new to mow his postage stamp sized yard. But stored inside and maintained it to OCD levels. Exactly what I wanted lol.

I mowed with it since until last year we moved to a 10 acre place and I bought a Scag Tiger Cat.

The 318 sits in the shop now and I don't want it to sit there and deteriorate. So I'm selling the mower with 46 deck. I'll include the JD shop service manual that the original owner had. The hard to find and expensive spiral bound hard cover manual.

Tractor is all original, with only a couple places I retouched or painted to protect. Wear areas mostly. I intended to do a full restore down the road.

Twin cylinder 18hp Onan engine runs phenomenally and strong. All maintenance current and always has been. 46 deck cuts great. Ready to mow or plow etc.

Will get more pics but it's in excellent unrestored condition.

More details to follow, but asking $2000 for the tractor and 46 deck. Email is best Jmt1271 (at) centurytel (dot) net

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydro556

Mar 12, 2018
Mo
Or best offer. Really don't want to let this thing just sit there lol.

Trying to avoid using ebay.