Hot rods, Rat Rods, Customs, Mud Runners, Etc.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Nice Clean Bike Paul, I am 6’4 and tried one like yours before without any luck. How fast is it? Bearbait what kind of cruiser are you buying? I love the ride of mine just trying to get it tuned the way it should be is another story.
First, my body is 68 years old (my mind...not so much...) and a cruiser's riding position would cripple me. One reason I settled on the FJ is the upright riding position. I'm 5-11 and my daughter's Bolt is excruciating.

Second, in stock form, the bike is limited to 115mph by the ECU. After a reflash (who...me???) the top end is reputed to be in the area of 145. I can personally attest to 120. (as can the smart-arsed kid in the Mustang...)

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Heres my rotisserie restored 1970 Camaro Baldwin Motion Clone. The car is actually a 77 that i converted to a 1970 since rusty body panels had to be replaced anyway.
468BBC
M21 Muncie 4spd
4:10 rear gear
Custom made 4into1 header sidepipes

I got 3 intense years into it. Did absolutely everything myself except installing the windshield.

Sweet ride my friend! I noticed the sub frame connectors. Definitely need it with your drive train. I didnot add that but do have Cal Tracs. Later on if I want more HP I would def need the connectors! Are you still on pump gas?

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
First, my body is 68 years old (my mind...not so much...) and a cruiser's riding position would cripple me. One reason I settled on the FJ is the upright riding position. I'm 5-11 and my daughter's Bolt is excruciating.

Second, in stock form, the bike is limited to 115mph by the ECU. After a reflash (who...me???) the top end is reputed to be in the area of 145. I can personally attest to 120. (as can the smart-arsed kid in the Mustang...)

Nice! I have had my fair share of kids with mustangs trying to prove a Ford is better than a Chevy LoL ;):D

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
2 Mustangs and a Maverick currently. None of which are anything special. Paint sucks, body sucks, engines just run.

'93 LX coupe, swapped in a 2.3 turbo from an SVO, of course with a little work. makes about 400hp.

'92 GT/427" 6 speed. Under construction.

'75 Ford Maverick. Toy. 438" small block, has been 8.92/148 in better air that we usually get here. Normally run 1/8 mile, 5.70's. Bracket and index car.

Bike? I do that too. '03 Yamaha Zuma. 70cc big bore, pipe, carb, clutch, gears, etc. Tops out around 60 ish if you got the nads to go that fast on 10" tires. It gets hairy over 60 for sure. Could use 12" but enough is enough! Use it mostly for a pit bike.

Murray Wide Body mower....did a pulley swap, governor bypass as well. Will top out at 36 mph. Had to put some more caster in the axle in order to actually control the thing. And yes it still will mow grass in first gear only (which is about 6 mph on the governor). Neighbor guy made me an offer on it and I'm probably gonna let him buy it.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I guess this would be in the etc category since it is not hot or rat or mud. But it is original. And no matter where me and the misses go, it is a good conversation starter.
1976 Lincoln Town Car, 460 ci, 4 barrel. I get a kick when anyone under 30 years old have no idea what it is, and can't believe how big cars use to be. At almost 20' long and 5,000 lbs it's like riding on a cloud.
Can't wait to get out of storage.

Attachments

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
2 Mustangs and a Maverick currently. None of which are anything special. Paint sucks, body sucks, engines just run.

'93 LX coupe, swapped in a 2.3 turbo from an SVO, of course with a little work. makes about 400hp.

'92 GT/427" 6 speed. Under construction.

'75 Ford Maverick. Toy. 438" small block, has been 8.92/148 in better air that we usually get here. Normally run 1/8 mile, 5.70's. Bracket and index car.

Bike? I do that too. '03 Yamaha Zuma. 70cc big bore, pipe, carb, clutch, gears, etc. Tops out around 60 ish if you got the nads to go that fast on 10" tires. It gets hairy over 60 for sure. Could use 12" but enough is enough! Use it mostly for a pit bike.

Murray Wide Body mower....did a pulley swap, governor bypass as well. Will top out at 36 mph. Had to put some more caster in the axle in order to actually control the thing. And yes it still will mow grass in first gear only (which is about 6 mph on the governor). Neighbor guy made me an offer on it and I'm probably gonna let him buy it.
Lugbolt I am under the impression you like to tinker lol! Some cool projects you have. The mower could be fun to ride lol! I have a four wheel drive fourwheeler that tops out at 77, for some reason my wife slaps the crap out of me over 70. Neighbor with a 250 2 stroke wanted to race. We lined him up and my 1,000 lb toy cam off in a wheelie and smoked him by 10 bikes lol. He just put his back in the garage.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
I guess this would be in the etc category since it is not hot or rat or mud. But it is original. And no matter where me and the misses go, it is a good conversation starter.
1976 Lincoln Town Car, 460 ci, 4 barrel. I get a kick when anyone under 30 years old have no idea what it is, and can't believe how big cars use to be. At almost 20' long and 5,000 lbs it's like riding on a cloud.
Can't wait to get out of storage.
That is a nice classic. Very good shape. Bet it rides like a dream :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
1976 Lincoln Town Car, 460 ci, 4 barrel. I get a kick when anyone under 30 years old have no idea what it is, and can't believe how big cars use to be.
Gosh that's sweet!

I've been a volunteer board trustee of the Northeast Classic Car Museum in Norwich, New York for years.

We always have a rotating themed exhibit in part of one of our 5 buildings.

Starting May, our themed exhibit will be 1970's cars.

That would fit right in!

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Sorry to hear Bearbait, life is definitely like a vapor and then it is gone. I have several friends already waiting for me. Cool tribute and memory to your buddy.

Nice cars Charlie! Thatis what mine is a 67 RS/SS 350. It is currently a 383 stroker but still have the original motor. Looks like a beautiful TA, and I do not think I will ever be to old for more power!

That is why I bought a Kubota more power to the PTO than the competition :D
The TA only has around 60,000 miles, it had 59,300 when I gave it to my son last spring, but he tried to run the wheels off of it last summer. I yanked the original engine out of it around 52,000 and put in a warmed over Ram Air lll out of a 68 GTO. It's only running about 375 hp.

Bought a 800 Kawasaki early last spring, but only had it for about 6 weeks. Had a carb leak that I had trouble with, so traded it for the Yamaha fuel injected V Star 1300. It's got a LOT more guts. Much better ride.

Attachments

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Back in the early 70s I had a '69 Nova SS396, L78 375hp, M21 4 speed Muncie, and I loved that car. But after getting married and with a baby on the way, I had to get something a little more economical, so I sold it and bought a '69 Chevelle Malibu with a 350 and an automatic transmission.
I have always wanted another Nova, so a few years ago I found a '70 Nova SS nearly identical except for the 350 - 300hp engine, even the same color, but with a vinyl top.
I drove it for three years and decided to address some rust issues in the rear quarters and floorboards.
Well.....it ended up a full restoration project and ended up replacing the entire floor, firewall, toe boards, both rear quarters, tail light panel, and the filler panel between the truck lid and the rear window. A couple of other places had some rust issues too, but those were able to be repaired be cutting out some small areas and replacing them with some new metal.
I'm not a body man, so I had a well recommended metal man do all the work. I made the fatal comment, that it wasn't a big rush, since I had a lot of work to do on the engine, transmission, seats and other items. So, three years later I finally got it back. It was worth the wait though, his work was excellent and it looks great.
I hope to get the body painted and start reassembling it this spring, but we'll see how it goes.
So here are a couple pictures of my old '69 and the '70.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Boy am i in trouble.... E389ABA4-2ED5-45BA-926E-75387A2C166A.jpg
I’ll let you all guess.
Im hoping for 3 years on this. One hint, i doubt i will find someone to install the rear glass.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
We moved from the city to acerage 5 years ago.
The new house was over 100km away and the car collection was cleaned out.
Got rid of my steel body 36 hot rod, 4x4 and Jag D Type Replica
Managed to keep the 2 Jaguars. 1974 - E Type V12, 2006 Supercharged XJR

Have had many rods over the years all built myself.
Not that ive liked letting any go but on the plus side have a new Kubota and 4x4. Also have a new car Im building from scratch.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Boy am i in trouble.... View attachment 41602
I’ll let you all guess.
Im hoping for 3 years on this. One hint, i doubt i will find someone to install the rear glass.
Fishbowl Barracuda?

Buddy had one in High School, slant 6 and (IIRC) a 3 speed. We wanted to stuff a 273 and a 4 speed into it, but couldn't manage it on our allowances...:p

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
‘65. Bought an abandoned project. Picking up the pieces so to speak.
Having fun when i can get it into shop. Built a rotisserie so i can work on underside the way i want to.
318/4v /headers. Will be a nice driver. I hope.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Used to keep this around for nice days, back in my younger days....

Built it from a kit, stuffed full of 514CJ. Wonder I didn't kill myself! :eek:

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
How much horsepower were you making with that beast of a block?
It was actually a fairly mild torque motor, just shy of 600hp/700tq at the wheels. Ran well on pump premium. The kicker was the 2700lb curb weight. Even 325 sticky's had no chance. :cool: