Homemade Cab & snow plow conversion

Reddragon774

Equipment
97 L3600 GST
May 26, 2011
Foristell, Missouri, St Charles
Last year my old 4X4 truck died so I made a cab from light gage steel and plywood and put my Meyer snow plow on my L3600 tractor....it has a loader on it so I made my plow carrage fit the loader mounts...I need to find some chains this year to fit my tires.....

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Good job on the cab... that will make a HUGH difference during the chilly times of the year. the Plow mount looks like one of their factory units. I wish I still had the Meyer plow the I used to have on a 78 1 ton chevy 4x4 dually. It was a good plow and I liked it over other brands i've seen.

kytim

firejunkie

Equipment
Kubota Mx4700 4w/FEL, Modern Ag cutter,Dirt dog Box blade and Rake, Custom forks
Mar 19, 2011
greenwood, SC
nice work there, did you seal the plywood with anything like fiberglass resin or is it just painted? also the plow looks awesome, very nice fab work there, what are the springs for? (don't work with plows that much).

EDIT: I think I figured it out, are they to absorb shock of the pitch control, to lessen damages to the hydraulic cylinder and mounts?

Last edited:

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
what are the springs for?
Most snow plow setups have springs so that the plow blade can flip down to go over obstacles like curbs and manhole covers , Reduces damage that would be caused by a rigid setup, When an object is struck the top of the blade pivots forward allowing the bottom edge to rise up over the obstruction.

Reddragon774

Equipment
97 L3600 GST
May 26, 2011
nice work there, did you seal the plywood with anything like fiberglass resin or is it just painted? also the plow looks awesome, very nice fab work there, what are the springs for? (don't work with plows that much).

EDIT: I think I figured it out, are they to absorb shock of the pitch control, to lessen damages to the hydraulic cylinder and mounts?
Thanks....just 2 coats of enamal.....

Reddragon774

Equipment
97 L3600 GST
May 26, 2011
Good job on the cab... that will make a HUGH difference during the chilly times of the year. the Plow mount looks like one of their factory units. I wish I still had the Meyer plow the I used to have on a 78 1 ton chevy 4x4 dually. It was a good plow and I liked it over other brands i've seen.

kytim
Thanks .... yes makes pushin the snow much more tolerable...LOL

SleepyEye

Equipment
Kubota L4060
Feb 27, 2021
NW Wisconsin
Last year my old 4X4 truck died so I made a cab from light gage steel and plywood and put my Meyer snow plow on my L3600 tractor....it has a loader on it so I made my plow carrage fit the loader mounts...I need to find some chains this year to fit my tires.....
RedDragon - like your snow plow set up, and plan on doing something very similar to my L4060 when it arrives in a month or so. While I'll have a loader, I'd much rather have it attached to tractor frame then loader arms. Looking at your pics, looks like there's a support going back from the plow attachment to... where? Does it go all the way back to rear of tractor? how's it attach? Any more pics would be helpful, also... how's it worked out in the intervening years? Any changes you'd suggest? We live in NW Wisconsin, so we get a fair amount of snow most winters. Thanks!!