Finally got my mx5800 today

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Finally got my tractor, loader & backhoe delivered today about 3:45 pm. Happy days. My bb72x will be here in the morning. Tiller should be at end of the week. It’s not to the dealer yet. I got to play/dig in the creek a little this evening b4 & after my 9 yr old boys baseball game. He had to try to dig a little with it, the wife drove it around the field then let me go play, youngest daughter drove it up from the creek to the house b4 dark. Yes I was on it or along side it during all that to show em how. GOOD TIMES!! Pics to come tomorrow when I figure out how to post em. Will build a creek crossing tomorrow & keep cleaning it out from both sides. Pond will be on the creek b4 long. 24” bucket was a good choice for the creek it seems. Just a big ol ear to ear grin on my face today. God has been good to me.

Sapper50

Equipment
L6060, FEL with 4-1 bucket, Top and Tilt, Single tooth ripper, box blade, etc
Oct 10, 2017
Graham, Washington USA
Finally got my tractor, loader & backhoe delivered today about 3:45 pm. Happy days. My bb72x will be here in the morning. Tiller should be at end of the week. It’s not to the dealer yet. I got to play/dig in the creek a little this evening b4 & after my 9 yr old boys baseball game. He had to try to dig a little with it, the wife drove it around the field then let me go play, youngest daughter drove it up from the creek to the house b4 dark. Yes I was on it or along side it during all that to show em how. GOOD TIMES!! Pics to come tomorrow when I figure out how to post em. Will build a creek crossing tomorrow & keep cleaning it out from both sides. Pond will be on the creek b4 long. 24” bucket was a good choice for the creek it seems. Just a big ol ear to ear grin on my face today. God has been good to me.

Sweet !!!
Congratulations....
I have 120 hours on my big orange and zero issues other than enough time in the day to run her!!

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaudeane

Equipment
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
C72EE0D4-5FB0-4235-A6D2-55F45401D5BD.jpg
Not sure how to attach pics as this is my first attempt. Trying it from an iPhone

Beaudeane

Equipment
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
8420BB3F-5272-49B2-A192-F87BB08024BB.jpg
Found a leak this morning at the FEL valve. Texted my salesman so he can look at it when he brings the bush hog. Also the sight glass on rear axle was clear as a bell yesterday. Looks white now. Can’t tell how full it is at all. I let him know that also

Beaudeane

Equipment
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
He tightened some fittings & no more leaks. Told me to call if the cloudy look stays in the sight glass & he would get it all flushed out & give me a free early service on it. Took the backhoe off & played with the bush hog a little today. It does a good job. Wish I could get paid to have this much fun.

Beaudeane

Equipment
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
52D68B9A-26B7-440F-A9A0-6BB38AE62164.jpg
Halfway on purpose left this part out. Got her muddy & stuck for about 2 hours trying to cross the creek. I won’t do that again. Lifting it up with the buckets & stabilizers then using a shovel to get dirt under the tires over & over for a couple hours wore me out. A bridge is coming soon. Either power poles or 6x6 posts & rough cut or treated 2 bys for decking. At least I was able to use the bh to loosen up the dirt I was putting under the tires. It wouldn’t pull me out but did help me with a good manual labor lesson

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Congrats on the new 'not so clean anymore' tractor. Lol.
It's amazing how much fun... work you can find to do once you get new equipment. With more practice and playing, you should be able to get yourself unstuck without getting off the tractor. Last week I had my L48 TLB stuck in clay up to the axles, there was a pit behind it and a 3-4' slope that the front wouldn't climb out in front. It took the loader bucket rolling forward to lift the front end and pull, while lifting and pushing with the backhoe, the stabilizers were a few inches off the ground just in case, while my left foot was on the diff lock and the right was on the hst peddle. I could only get it to crawl 8-10" at a time then would have to reset the bucket and hoe but it was moving forward! Took about half an hour but once I started, I didn't get off and a didn't pick up a shovel. That's the whole reason for the tractor, no more shoveling! Or at least keep it to a minimum. Lol

Glad to hear the dealer is quick to respond to the quirks on your new toy. You don't get that everywhere!

Ayespye

Equipment
MX-5800, FEL, LP grappler, brush hog, box blade, ETA6900HD post hole digger
Aug 10, 2017
Waverly, GA
Congrats! Have had mine for a bit more than a year now and LOVE IT! It's a great little workhorse. I'm a bit jealous because of your backhoe, seriously considering purchasing one myself but not certain I have a real need. Oh heck, who am I kidding? I can create the need :)

The fogged indicator glass would definitely concern me, do you have an update on that?

Enjoy!

Beaudeane

Equipment
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
4D879519-765F-4CF3-9D02-AD6304422ABE.jpg
Here was the sight glass yesterday Morning. Something not right with it. Dealer said use it a few days & stay in contact with how it looks & if it stays cloudy he will make it right & flush refil & service it. When I go out this morning to play on it I will check it out again & take another pic of it to send him. Mostly yesterday ended up making some trails thru an overgrown field in reverse. I wanted the bb720x but the bb72x seems to be the ticket for what I’m willing to to drive through with the tractor. Got one of the tractor supply augers yesterday evening and gonna use it to put up the wifeys greenhouse frame today. Will make putting my fence up easier later as well. I’m gonna have to go back to work b4 long but I’ve been having a blast the last few days playing in the yard. Thanks for the congrats & yes I hope if I ever stick it again I can learn how to get it out without gettin off the tractor

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If your creek isn't actually a river you can make crossing it pretty easy by taking old tires (bigger works best) and cut one sidewall off. Lay the tires as you need them with the missing sidewall side up. You can even pound a couple of pieces of rebar through the sidewall to anchor the tires some. Then fill the tires with rocks and gravel. You will be amazed at how stable it is.

Beaudeane

Equipment
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
May try something like that. Contemplating a bridge now. It’s no river just a good sized creek. Thinking 6x6 or telephone poles running across the creek dug in to ground level & decked with rough cut 2bys. Wanting a pond on it somewhere but don’t want to end up with just a muddy mess. Would like to fix it where the creek will flow through the pond so it won’t turn green & stagnant during the summer. Neighbor says the creek really gets low during the hot dry months. Any input on pond digging from anyone?